Blog: Japanese net closing on Australia
Chris Mercer | 27 August 2010
Japan's drinks giants are feasting on Australia's drinks sector. Could Foster's be next on the menu?
Asahi's deal to acquire P&N Beverages propels the firm into a strong second place on Australia's soft drinks market - as discussed by us on just-drinks yesterday.
Its move underlines that Japan's trio of Kirin, Suntory and Asahi view Australia as a key part of their growth strategy. Kirin owns Lion Nathan and National Foods, having since merged these two business together, while Suntory has bought the Frucor soft drinks business.
Foster's Group is one of few remaining fruits on the tree. It's hard to argue against a Japanese buyer of Foster's beer division going on the evidence of the past 18 months.
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research