Blog: Jaegermeister shot culture in Portman Group firing line?
James Wilmore | 27 October 2014
Today's news that German spirits firm Mast-Jägermeister has joined UK responsible drinking organisation The Portman Group may raise eyebrows in some quarters.
Whether it likes it or not - and recent sales suggest it just might - the company's namesake flagship liqueur brand, Jägermeister, is commonly drunk as a shot. The Portman Group's code of practice, however, warns companies that a drink's packaging “should not urge the consumer to drink rapidly or to ‘down’ a product in one”.
It is unlikely that Portman may allow an exception to its rules, so can we expect a toning down of Jaegermeister's marketing message in the UK going forward?
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Asahi has readied the launch of the first extension of the Peroni Nastro Azzuro beer brand in the US....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo rolls out vegan Baileys Almande Almondmilk
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends