Blog: Its life, but not as they know it.
Chris Brook-Carter | 14 May 2004
The near-impossible has apparently happened. The French wine industry has at last recognised that there is life outside its own borders – though not too far outside, of course.
A news report I saw at the end of the week said that, according to France's most distinguished wine publication, La Revue du Vin de France, some 20% of the world’s top winemakers are Italian.
The magazine's listing of its top 100 vintners of the year contained 19 from Italy, including eight from Tuscany and five from Piedmont. The remainder came from Umbria, Sicily, Veneto, Campania, Friuli Venezia Giulia and Lombardy.
Not having seen the list myself, I can't comment on how many were Australian, Californian or from New Zealand, but the sceptic in me is thinking that it's not very many.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends