Blog: It's cocktail hour round at Olly's
Olly Wehring | 6 February 2007
We had friends round for dinner on Saturday night. What started out as a dignified, sophisticated evening - a bottle of fizz to welcome our guests, followed by a bottle or two of vino - soon degenerated into a ‘Who-can-make-the-strongest-gin-and-tonic’ competition.
Should I be proud that I won?
Anyway, a press release today sent me in the direction of this guy - the Funkin’ online virtual bartender.
With an array of one-minute online videos showing you how to mix cocktails, how much fun would THAT have been to follow at 0130 on a Sunday morning? Far more sophosticated than a G&T in which the stirrer can stand upright, I reckon.
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
Heineken has stepped up its focus on stay-at-home drinkers with the roll out of its latest 'draught beer at home' concept - The Sub - to its domestic market. ...
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Three Questions for the Drinks Industry
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Moet Hennessy sales falter in YTD
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- Diageo to appeal Parrot Bay UK TV ad ban