Blog: It's cocktail hour round at Olly's
Olly Wehring | 6 February 2007
We had friends round for dinner on Saturday night. What started out as a dignified, sophisticated evening - a bottle of fizz to welcome our guests, followed by a bottle or two of vino - soon degenerated into a ‘Who-can-make-the-strongest-gin-and-tonic’ competition.
Should I be proud that I won?
Anyway, a press release today sent me in the direction of this guy - the Funkin’ online virtual bartender.
With an array of one-minute online videos showing you how to mix cocktails, how much fun would THAT have been to follow at 0130 on a Sunday morning? Far more sophosticated than a G&T in which the stirrer can stand upright, I reckon.
Heineken is gearing up for a product launch in Australia this month. But exactly what the product is, the brewer is not saying....
It's Summer in the northern hemisphere and the beer festivals are in full swing. Even the famously secluded North Korea is letting its regulation-cut hair down with the Taedonggang Beer Festival, name...
Drinks companies that use celebrities and influencers to endorse products via social media could be in line for some rule changes....
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages