Blog: It's cocktail hour round at Olly's
Olly Wehring | 6 February 2007
We had friends round for dinner on Saturday night. What started out as a dignified, sophisticated evening - a bottle of fizz to welcome our guests, followed by a bottle or two of vino - soon degenerated into a ‘Who-can-make-the-strongest-gin-and-tonic’ competition.
Should I be proud that I won?
Anyway, a press release today sent me in the direction of this guy - the Funkin’ online virtual bartender.
With an array of one-minute online videos showing you how to mix cocktails, how much fun would THAT have been to follow at 0130 on a Sunday morning? Far more sophosticated than a G&T in which the stirrer can stand upright, I reckon.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring AG Barr, Bombay Sapphire, Wines of South Africa and Pabst Brewing Co....
It seems there's not much in the world that can make people smile these days. Luckily, we're part of an industry that has just been scientifically proven to do just that. ...
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit