Blog: It's cocktail hour round at Olly's
Olly Wehring | 6 February 2007
We had friends round for dinner on Saturday night. What started out as a dignified, sophisticated evening - a bottle of fizz to welcome our guests, followed by a bottle or two of vino - soon degenerated into a ‘Who-can-make-the-strongest-gin-and-tonic’ competition.
Should I be proud that I won?
Anyway, a press release today sent me in the direction of this guy - the Funkin’ online virtual bartender.
With an array of one-minute online videos showing you how to mix cocktails, how much fun would THAT have been to follow at 0130 on a Sunday morning? Far more sophosticated than a G&T in which the stirrer can stand upright, I reckon.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch