Blog: It's all froth of course
Chris Brook-Carter | 13 September 2005
I apologise for this now, but for some light relief here is a joke from our South African correspondent, Arnold Kirkby. All complaints should be directed straight to him.
At a world brewing convention in the States, the CEOs of various brewing organisations retire to the bar at the end of the day. Bruce, CEO of Fosters, shouts to the barman: "In Australia, we make the best bloody beer in the world, so pour me a Fosters, mate."
Bob, CEO of Budweiser, calls out next: "In the States, we brew the king of them all - gimme a Bud."
Hans steps up next: "In Germany we invented beer. Give me un Helles, ze REAL King of beers."
Jan, chief executive of Grolsch, follows by stating that Grolsch is the ultimate beer and asks for one with two fingers of foam on top.
Norman, chairman of Namibian Breweries, is next: "Barman, give me a diet Coke with ice and lemon please."
The other four stare at him in stunned silence, then Bruce asks: "Aren't you going to have a Windhoek, Norm?"
Norman replies "Well, if you guys aren't drinking beer, then neither am I."
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research