Blog: It's all froth of course
Chris Brook-Carter | 13 September 2005
I apologise for this now, but for some light relief here is a joke from our South African correspondent, Arnold Kirkby. All complaints should be directed straight to him.
At a world brewing convention in the States, the CEOs of various brewing organisations retire to the bar at the end of the day. Bruce, CEO of Fosters, shouts to the barman: "In Australia, we make the best bloody beer in the world, so pour me a Fosters, mate."
Bob, CEO of Budweiser, calls out next: "In the States, we brew the king of them all - gimme a Bud."
Hans steps up next: "In Germany we invented beer. Give me un Helles, ze REAL King of beers."
Jan, chief executive of Grolsch, follows by stating that Grolsch is the ultimate beer and asks for one with two fingers of foam on top.
Norman, chairman of Namibian Breweries, is next: "Barman, give me a diet Coke with ice and lemon please."
The other four stare at him in stunned silence, then Bruce asks: "Aren't you going to have a Windhoek, Norm?"
Norman replies "Well, if you guys aren't drinking beer, then neither am I."
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends