Blog: It's a Man Thing
Michelle Russell | 20 September 2010
On Tuesday afternoon I boarded a flight to attend Carlsberg's 'Capital Markets Day 2010' in Copenhagen.
While I had an idea of what to expect from the agenda, ie a discussion on the firm's European businesses, what I had no idea of was just how male dominated the beer industry really is.
The Jacobsen bar at Carlsberg's visitor centre was indeed filled with 120 male investors, analysts and a spattering of journalists. Only a handful of females were spotted in the crowd.
Nonetheless, the event was informative and just-drinks managed to pin down CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen for a few words on the hurdles Carlsberg has faced in the last year and what opportunities lie ahead for the firm.
And as the conference closed for the day and the men and women of the industry headed for Copenhagen airport, we await the next update in Carlsberg's drive to become "the fastest growing global beer company".
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends