Blog: It's a Man Thing
Michelle Russell | 20 September 2010
On Tuesday afternoon I boarded a flight to attend Carlsberg's 'Capital Markets Day 2010' in Copenhagen.
While I had an idea of what to expect from the agenda, ie a discussion on the firm's European businesses, what I had no idea of was just how male dominated the beer industry really is.
The Jacobsen bar at Carlsberg's visitor centre was indeed filled with 120 male investors, analysts and a spattering of journalists. Only a handful of females were spotted in the crowd.
Nonetheless, the event was informative and just-drinks managed to pin down CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen for a few words on the hurdles Carlsberg has faced in the last year and what opportunities lie ahead for the firm.
And as the conference closed for the day and the men and women of the industry headed for Copenhagen airport, we await the next update in Carlsberg's drive to become "the fastest growing global beer company".
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US