Blog: It's a Man Thing
Michelle Russell | 20 September 2010
On Tuesday afternoon I boarded a flight to attend Carlsberg's 'Capital Markets Day 2010' in Copenhagen.
While I had an idea of what to expect from the agenda, ie a discussion on the firm's European businesses, what I had no idea of was just how male dominated the beer industry really is.
The Jacobsen bar at Carlsberg's visitor centre was indeed filled with 120 male investors, analysts and a spattering of journalists. Only a handful of females were spotted in the crowd.
Nonetheless, the event was informative and just-drinks managed to pin down CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen for a few words on the hurdles Carlsberg has faced in the last year and what opportunities lie ahead for the firm.
And as the conference closed for the day and the men and women of the industry headed for Copenhagen airport, we await the next update in Carlsberg's drive to become "the fastest growing global beer company".
Some people in India believe alcohol should be more difficult to purchase. Last month, the state of Bihar halted all alcohol sales as its chief minister made good on an election promise. ...
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Diageo's Smirnoff Red, White & Berry - NPD
- Wm Grant redesigns Glenfiddich 21yo Gran Reserva
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends