Blog: It's a Man Thing
Michelle Russell | 20 September 2010
On Tuesday afternoon I boarded a flight to attend Carlsberg's 'Capital Markets Day 2010' in Copenhagen.
While I had an idea of what to expect from the agenda, ie a discussion on the firm's European businesses, what I had no idea of was just how male dominated the beer industry really is.
The Jacobsen bar at Carlsberg's visitor centre was indeed filled with 120 male investors, analysts and a spattering of journalists. Only a handful of females were spotted in the crowd.
Nonetheless, the event was informative and just-drinks managed to pin down CEO Jørgen Buhl Rasmussen for a few words on the hurdles Carlsberg has faced in the last year and what opportunities lie ahead for the firm.
And as the conference closed for the day and the men and women of the industry headed for Copenhagen airport, we await the next update in Carlsberg's drive to become "the fastest growing global beer company".
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
On Monday, 4 May, just-drinks will be closed, as it is a public holiday in the UK....
To London yesterday evening for what turned out to be quite a treat of a whisky tasting....
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- just The Facts - The Global Wine Industry
- Comment - A New Age of VR Marketing?
- Analysis - Will Diageo call time on wine?
- Comment - Will the Sweetener Battle turn Sour?
- Diageo considers wine operations sale
- NPD: Bacardi's Bacardi Carta Fuego
- A-B InBev approves new chairman
- Coca-Cola Co promotes North America chief
- Bacardi widens Craigellachie footprint to Asia
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo Plc in Wine (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets