Blog: Is pisco preparing to make some noise?
Andy Morton | 19 February 2015
Chalvignac has been making copper pot stills since 1981
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne.
That's where the company's skilled craftsmen shape the giant sheets of copper into the beautiful swan-neck pot stills that find their way into the region's nearby Cognac distilleries, and increasingly those of spirits makers around the world.
Olivier Flamand, Chalvignac's marketing and communications head, gives a little laugh when asked if demand is good right now. “Very good,” he says, and lists orders from Russia, China and a number of other countries.
But, it is the US that is filling up Chalvignac's order book the most. And, it's not the country's whiskey, vodka or gin makers that are putting the smile on Olivier's face - he says highest demand is currently coming from US producers of the South American brandy pisco.
We've already had a Bourbon boom in the US; can we now expect the pisco explosion?
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
Charter Brands has released its first new product since the launch of Langley's No 8 three years ago...
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
Conecuh Ridge Distillers has launched an extension of its Clyde May's US whiskey brand, with a limited edition cask strength iteration rolling out across the US next month....
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends