Blog: Is pisco preparing to make some noise?
Andy Morton | 19 February 2015
Chalvignac has been making copper pot stills since 1981
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne.
That's where the company's skilled craftsmen shape the giant sheets of copper into the beautiful swan-neck pot stills that find their way into the region's nearby Cognac distilleries, and increasingly those of spirits makers around the world.
Olivier Flamand, Chalvignac's marketing and communications head, gives a little laugh when asked if demand is good right now. “Very good,” he says, and lists orders from Russia, China and a number of other countries.
But, it is the US that is filling up Chalvignac's order book the most. And, it's not the country's whiskey, vodka or gin makers that are putting the smile on Olivier's face - he says highest demand is currently coming from US producers of the South American brandy pisco.
We've already had a Bourbon boom in the US; can we now expect the pisco explosion?
Pernod Ricard has introduced a new Absolut vodka flavour to the US market. ...
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends