Blog: Is pisco preparing to make some noise?
Andy Morton | 19 February 2015
Chalvignac has been making copper pot stills since 1981
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne.
That's where the company's skilled craftsmen shape the giant sheets of copper into the beautiful swan-neck pot stills that find their way into the region's nearby Cognac distilleries, and increasingly those of spirits makers around the world.
Olivier Flamand, Chalvignac's marketing and communications head, gives a little laugh when asked if demand is good right now. “Very good,” he says, and lists orders from Russia, China and a number of other countries.
But, it is the US that is filling up Chalvignac's order book the most. And, it's not the country's whiskey, vodka or gin makers that are putting the smile on Olivier's face - he says highest demand is currently coming from US producers of the South American brandy pisco.
We've already had a Bourbon boom in the US; can we now expect the pisco explosion?
Pernod Ricard's UK unit has rolled out an online cocktail coach as it looks to capitalise on seasonal drinking. ...
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range