Blog: Is pisco preparing to make some noise?
Andy Morton | 19 February 2015
Chalvignac has been making copper pot stills since 1981
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne.
That's where the company's skilled craftsmen shape the giant sheets of copper into the beautiful swan-neck pot stills that find their way into the region's nearby Cognac distilleries, and increasingly those of spirits makers around the world.
Olivier Flamand, Chalvignac's marketing and communications head, gives a little laugh when asked if demand is good right now. “Very good,” he says, and lists orders from Russia, China and a number of other countries.
But, it is the US that is filling up Chalvignac's order book the most. And, it's not the country's whiskey, vodka or gin makers that are putting the smile on Olivier's face - he says highest demand is currently coming from US producers of the South American brandy pisco.
We've already had a Bourbon boom in the US; can we now expect the pisco explosion?
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Diageo has continued investing in Australian rum brand Bundaberg with a packaging overhaul ahead of the Summer....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends