Blog: Is Bourbon shortage a marketing ploy?
Olly Wehring | 20 May 2014
A year ago, I professed to being confused about a press release from the owner of the Buffalo Trace Bourbon brand, The Sazerac Co, that warned that its stocks were running low.
Then, earlier this month, Sazerac issued another statement, claiming there is still “no end in sight” to Bourbon shortages.
My question to you, dear reader: How cynical are you, really?
As cynical as this journalist interviewing the head of Sazerac, Mark Brown?
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Pernod Ricard's UK unit has rolled out an online cocktail coach as it looks to capitalise on seasonal drinking. ...
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range