Blog: Is Bourbon shortage a marketing ploy?
Olly Wehring | 20 May 2014
A year ago, I professed to being confused about a press release from the owner of the Buffalo Trace Bourbon brand, The Sazerac Co, that warned that its stocks were running low.
Then, earlier this month, Sazerac issued another statement, claiming there is still “no end in sight” to Bourbon shortages.
My question to you, dear reader: How cynical are you, really?
As cynical as this journalist interviewing the head of Sazerac, Mark Brown?
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
UK brewer Timothy Taylor is back in the headlines after winning 'Champion Beer of Britain' at the Great British Beer Festival (GBBF) today. ...
Heaven Hill Distilleries has lined up a sparkling brand extension of its Hpnotiq liqueur in the US....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Guinness, Campari, Vitaminwater and Treasury Wine Estates....
Constellation is launching a new peach variant of its Swedish vodka brand Svedka in the US. ...
Last week C&C Group wasn't best pleased when Polish advertising laws banned it from using it Magners logo on Celtic Football Club's kit for the team's Champions League qualifying match against Legia W...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- just The Preview - Heineken's H1 & Q2
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat