Blog: Is Bourbon shortage a marketing ploy?
Olly Wehring | 20 May 2014
A year ago, I professed to being confused about a press release from the owner of the Buffalo Trace Bourbon brand, The Sazerac Co, that warned that its stocks were running low.
Then, earlier this month, Sazerac issued another statement, claiming there is still “no end in sight” to Bourbon shortages.
My question to you, dear reader: How cynical are you, really?
As cynical as this journalist interviewing the head of Sazerac, Mark Brown?
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch