Blog: Is Bourbon shortage a marketing ploy?
Olly Wehring | 20 May 2014
A year ago, I professed to being confused about a press release from the owner of the Buffalo Trace Bourbon brand, The Sazerac Co, that warned that its stocks were running low.
Then, earlier this month, Sazerac issued another statement, claiming there is still “no end in sight” to Bourbon shortages.
My question to you, dear reader: How cynical are you, really?
As cynical as this journalist interviewing the head of Sazerac, Mark Brown?
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the blending of drinks sectors in the NPD arena....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Coca-Cola Life, Australian Vintage, Pernod Ricard and BrewDog....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Focus - SABMiller's Q1 Performance by Region
- PepsiCo to consider more re-franchising - CEO
- PepsiCo find stability but Peltz concerns linger
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- Sales, profits fall at Moet Hennessy in H1
- Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte appoints new CEO
- Molson Coors CEO to retire