Blog: Iron Maiden man not so super with his Trooper
James Wilmore | 29 August 2014
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty.
When he's not piloting aeroplanes in his spare time, the Nottinghamshire-born singer can be found promoting the band's phenomenally successful award-winning beer Trooper. Launched in March last year and brewed by Robinson's, the 4.8% abv brew has reportedly sold five million pints in its first year. It is also being sold in around 30 countries globally.
In the latest bit of PR for the brand, here's Dickinson being taught how to get Trooper from the barrel to a glass... with hilarious consequences.
Sectors: Beer & cider
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
MillerCoors is releasing a retro bottle for its Miller Lite brand in the US in the run-up to Christmas....
While analysts mull the numbers of Anheuser-Busch InBev's impending offer for SABMiller, there's a timely reminder in The Times newspaper this week that the proposed deal may yet fall victim to other ...
Part of my lot on just-drinks is to nail down senior executives within our industry – the more senior the better. I've enjoyed interviewing many of the CEOs within our ranks, but one that I have never...
Asahi has identified a "large format sharing bottle" market in the UK for its Asahi Super Dry lager brand....
Sometimes, it's the simple things in life that are the most satisfying. Like a good book and a decent glass of wine......
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research