Blog: Introducing the wider world to 'share of throat'
Olly Wehring | 24 February 2014
When The Coca-Cola Co reported sliding sales and profits for 2013 last week, the media here in the UK wanted to speak to someone in the know about the performance.
So, they came to me.
Head to around 42:45 to hear me being interviewed on BBC Radio Five Live on Wednesday, and marvel at their reaction to the phrase "share of throat".
That'll learn 'em.
Forget gluten-free. Fodmaps are the latest food trend, and if you work in the soft drinks industry it is important to know where you stand with them....
Companies are very protective of their brand image. So it is refreshing to hear Diageo's Garbhan O’Bric, the global brand director for Baileys, speak the unvarnished truth when talking about the lique...
Britvic's CEO has defended a decision to axe Robinsons' full-sugar range after full-year results showed a fall in sales for the brand....
Alcohol companies love a good movie tie-in. A brush with Hollywood glamour seems to give marketers the warm and fuzzies, judging by the number of deals done over the past few years. The new James Bond...
Britvic has lined up new launches for next year, including a Purdy's overhaul, as the soft drinks maker battles a weak UK consumer backdrop....
just-drinks is in Cannes this week at the Tax Free World Association show. Here's the second part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of the most important dates in the Trave...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015