Blog: Innocent eyeing Europe for profit growth
Michelle Russell | 2 June 2010
A ramp up of investment overseas is understandable I guess for smoothie maker Innocent Drinks, given the decline in sales of smoothies in the UK in the last 12 months.
Looking at Fresh Trading’s 2009 results, the parent group of Innocent narrowed its losses and increased sales last year, boosted by significant investment outside of the UK.
However, in the UK Innocent saw its profits almost halved during the year, to GBP5.7m from GBP10.9m in 2008. Sales slipped to GBP96.5m from GBP98.9m.
No wonder then that the firm is looking elsewhere to earn some cash.
The company looks set to become more reliant on European markets now for growth as smoothie sales in the UK run out of track, at least in the short-term.
The Coca-Cola Co’s cash can only help boost the firm's presence in export markets...
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits