Blog: Innocent eyeing Europe for profit growth
Michelle Russell | 2 June 2010
A ramp up of investment overseas is understandable I guess for smoothie maker Innocent Drinks, given the decline in sales of smoothies in the UK in the last 12 months.
Looking at Fresh Trading’s 2009 results, the parent group of Innocent narrowed its losses and increased sales last year, boosted by significant investment outside of the UK.
However, in the UK Innocent saw its profits almost halved during the year, to GBP5.7m from GBP10.9m in 2008. Sales slipped to GBP96.5m from GBP98.9m.
No wonder then that the firm is looking elsewhere to earn some cash.
The company looks set to become more reliant on European markets now for growth as smoothie sales in the UK run out of track, at least in the short-term.
The Coca-Cola Co’s cash can only help boost the firm's presence in export markets...
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends