Blog: Innocent eyeing Europe for profit growth
Michelle Russell | 2 June 2010
A ramp up of investment overseas is understandable I guess for smoothie maker Innocent Drinks, given the decline in sales of smoothies in the UK in the last 12 months.
Looking at Fresh Trading’s 2009 results, the parent group of Innocent narrowed its losses and increased sales last year, boosted by significant investment outside of the UK.
However, in the UK Innocent saw its profits almost halved during the year, to GBP5.7m from GBP10.9m in 2008. Sales slipped to GBP96.5m from GBP98.9m.
No wonder then that the firm is looking elsewhere to earn some cash.
The company looks set to become more reliant on European markets now for growth as smoothie sales in the UK run out of track, at least in the short-term.
The Coca-Cola Co’s cash can only help boost the firm's presence in export markets...
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Analysts upbeat on Pernod Ricard's US success
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- Seedlip eyes global growth with export deal
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Beam Suntory workers end Jim Beam strike
- Boston Beer Co outlines Samuel Adams innovation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends