Blog: Innocent eyeing Europe for profit growth
Michelle Russell | 2 June 2010
A ramp up of investment overseas is understandable I guess for smoothie maker Innocent Drinks, given the decline in sales of smoothies in the UK in the last 12 months.
Looking at Fresh Trading’s 2009 results, the parent group of Innocent narrowed its losses and increased sales last year, boosted by significant investment outside of the UK.
However, in the UK Innocent saw its profits almost halved during the year, to GBP5.7m from GBP10.9m in 2008. Sales slipped to GBP96.5m from GBP98.9m.
No wonder then that the firm is looking elsewhere to earn some cash.
The company looks set to become more reliant on European markets now for growth as smoothie sales in the UK run out of track, at least in the short-term.
The Coca-Cola Co’s cash can only help boost the firm's presence in export markets...
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends