Blog: Innocent eyeing Europe for profit growth
Michelle Russell | 2 June 2010
A ramp up of investment overseas is understandable I guess for smoothie maker Innocent Drinks, given the decline in sales of smoothies in the UK in the last 12 months.
Looking at Fresh Trading’s 2009 results, the parent group of Innocent narrowed its losses and increased sales last year, boosted by significant investment outside of the UK.
However, in the UK Innocent saw its profits almost halved during the year, to GBP5.7m from GBP10.9m in 2008. Sales slipped to GBP96.5m from GBP98.9m.
No wonder then that the firm is looking elsewhere to earn some cash.
The company looks set to become more reliant on European markets now for growth as smoothie sales in the UK run out of track, at least in the short-term.
The Coca-Cola Co’s cash can only help boost the firm's presence in export markets...
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends