Blog: IndSpirit 2009 - we are go
Olly Wehring | 30 October 2009
We're back in India.
just-drinks is coming to you live from 2009's IndSpirit alcobev conference in Mumbai. This year's two-day exhibition and conference is about to kick off here at the Renaissance Hotel and Convention Centre in Mumbai.
This being India, the weather is excellent (36 degrees and rising), the organisation is... exhausting to observe and, after last year's terrorist attacks in the city, security is tight.
Like 12 months ago, we also have the All-India Bartending Competition running alongside the exhibition. If last year is anything to go by, then, we can look forward to another all-nighter, trawling the top-end bars of Mumbai, something that wore us out both physically and financially.
Coming up this morning, we have the “Inauguration of the Exhibition” by a “Guest of Honour”, joined by “other industry stalwarts”.
So, keep your eyes peeled for as much India-news as we can garner – and as many adventure stories as our spirits allow us - from this year's show.
Vodka will be the next drinks category to benefit from India's growing alcohol consumption going forward, according to industry forecasts....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research