Blog: IndSpirit 2009 - we are go
Olly Wehring | 30 October 2009
We're back in India.
just-drinks is coming to you live from 2009's IndSpirit alcobev conference in Mumbai. This year's two-day exhibition and conference is about to kick off here at the Renaissance Hotel and Convention Centre in Mumbai.
This being India, the weather is excellent (36 degrees and rising), the organisation is... exhausting to observe and, after last year's terrorist attacks in the city, security is tight.
Like 12 months ago, we also have the All-India Bartending Competition running alongside the exhibition. If last year is anything to go by, then, we can look forward to another all-nighter, trawling the top-end bars of Mumbai, something that wore us out both physically and financially.
Coming up this morning, we have the “Inauguration of the Exhibition” by a “Guest of Honour”, joined by “other industry stalwarts”.
So, keep your eyes peeled for as much India-news as we can garner – and as many adventure stories as our spirits allow us - from this year's show.
Vodka will be the next drinks category to benefit from India's growing alcohol consumption going forward, according to industry forecasts....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery