Blog: IndSpirit 2009 – Day Two
Olly Wehring | 31 October 2009
We're back with you, here in Mumbai, for the second and final day of this year's IndSpirit alcobev conference and exhibition.
Yesterday evening afforded us the opportunity to make the most of the networking dinner laid on at the hotel, overlooking the Powai lake.
Following Thursday's severe case of jetlag, a good night's sleep last night was pretty much guaranteed, aided by beers, whiskies and rums – all, as ever, in strict moderation.
Today, the emphasis is on the technical side of the industry. Already, we've had a presentation on energy saving options available for brewers and distillers, and a look at manufacturing execution systems for the brewing industry.
Outside of the conference hall, the All-India Bartending Competition is in full swing: I've just seen the winner of the Goa heat concoct a 'Love Devil'. Not a sentence I thought I'd write on a Saturday morning.
Things are also hotting up as we edge closer to this evening's awards ceremony. Although the nominations have now closed, take a look here for a list of the categories. If last year's show is anything to go by, I'm really looking forward to the Bollywood dance troupe shaking their collective thangs.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends