Blog: IndSpirit 2009 – Day Two
Olly Wehring | 31 October 2009
We're back with you, here in Mumbai, for the second and final day of this year's IndSpirit alcobev conference and exhibition.
Yesterday evening afforded us the opportunity to make the most of the networking dinner laid on at the hotel, overlooking the Powai lake.
Following Thursday's severe case of jetlag, a good night's sleep last night was pretty much guaranteed, aided by beers, whiskies and rums – all, as ever, in strict moderation.
Today, the emphasis is on the technical side of the industry. Already, we've had a presentation on energy saving options available for brewers and distillers, and a look at manufacturing execution systems for the brewing industry.
Outside of the conference hall, the All-India Bartending Competition is in full swing: I've just seen the winner of the Goa heat concoct a 'Love Devil'. Not a sentence I thought I'd write on a Saturday morning.
Things are also hotting up as we edge closer to this evening's awards ceremony. Although the nominations have now closed, take a look here for a list of the categories. If last year's show is anything to go by, I'm really looking forward to the Bollywood dance troupe shaking their collective thangs.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends