Blog: IndSpirit 2009 – Day Two
Olly Wehring | 31 October 2009
We're back with you, here in Mumbai, for the second and final day of this year's IndSpirit alcobev conference and exhibition.
Yesterday evening afforded us the opportunity to make the most of the networking dinner laid on at the hotel, overlooking the Powai lake.
Following Thursday's severe case of jetlag, a good night's sleep last night was pretty much guaranteed, aided by beers, whiskies and rums – all, as ever, in strict moderation.
Today, the emphasis is on the technical side of the industry. Already, we've had a presentation on energy saving options available for brewers and distillers, and a look at manufacturing execution systems for the brewing industry.
Outside of the conference hall, the All-India Bartending Competition is in full swing: I've just seen the winner of the Goa heat concoct a 'Love Devil'. Not a sentence I thought I'd write on a Saturday morning.
Things are also hotting up as we edge closer to this evening's awards ceremony. Although the nominations have now closed, take a look here for a list of the categories. If last year's show is anything to go by, I'm really looking forward to the Bollywood dance troupe shaking their collective thangs.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends