Blog: India - While we're on the subject...
Olly Wehring | 13 November 2008
... just-drinks is in India!
Having arrived in Mumbai/Bombay this morning, I'm trying to acclimatise both weather (30 degrees)- and time(five-and-a-half hours ahead)-wise, ahead of the IndSpirit conference, which starts here tomorrow.
Not only will I be reporting to you from the two-day event, but on Saturday I'll actually be talking to delegates about the global beer market and the consolidation trend of recent years.
If you have any questions you'd like me to put to the great and the good of the Indian alcobev industry, then drop me a line at email@example.com. I'm also staying on for two days to play tourist in Mumbai, so if you have any visit recommendations or hints and tips for an Englishman abroad, then let me know the same way, please.
We've a bit of an Indian slant starting on just-drinks today (13 November), with the first of a two-part interview with the head of The UB Group - the country's biggest beer and spirits company - Vijay Mallya.
The interview will be up very, very soon. Once I've tanned my front.
Paul Walsh just can't stay away from the drinks industry....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report