Blog: India - While we're on the subject...
Olly Wehring | 13 November 2008
... just-drinks is in India!
Having arrived in Mumbai/Bombay this morning, I'm trying to acclimatise both weather (30 degrees)- and time(five-and-a-half hours ahead)-wise, ahead of the IndSpirit conference, which starts here tomorrow.
Not only will I be reporting to you from the two-day event, but on Saturday I'll actually be talking to delegates about the global beer market and the consolidation trend of recent years.
If you have any questions you'd like me to put to the great and the good of the Indian alcobev industry, then drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm also staying on for two days to play tourist in Mumbai, so if you have any visit recommendations or hints and tips for an Englishman abroad, then let me know the same way, please.
We've a bit of an Indian slant starting on just-drinks today (13 November), with the first of a two-part interview with the head of The UB Group - the country's biggest beer and spirits company - Vijay Mallya.
The interview will be up very, very soon. Once I've tanned my front.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- US craft spirits could be as big as craft beer
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends