Blog: India - While we're on the subject...
Olly Wehring | 13 November 2008
... just-drinks is in India!
Having arrived in Mumbai/Bombay this morning, I'm trying to acclimatise both weather (30 degrees)- and time(five-and-a-half hours ahead)-wise, ahead of the IndSpirit conference, which starts here tomorrow.
Not only will I be reporting to you from the two-day event, but on Saturday I'll actually be talking to delegates about the global beer market and the consolidation trend of recent years.
If you have any questions you'd like me to put to the great and the good of the Indian alcobev industry, then drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm also staying on for two days to play tourist in Mumbai, so if you have any visit recommendations or hints and tips for an Englishman abroad, then let me know the same way, please.
We've a bit of an Indian slant starting on just-drinks today (13 November), with the first of a two-part interview with the head of The UB Group - the country's biggest beer and spirits company - Vijay Mallya.
The interview will be up very, very soon. Once I've tanned my front.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends