Blog: India - While we're on the subject...
Olly Wehring | 13 November 2008
... just-drinks is in India!
Having arrived in Mumbai/Bombay this morning, I'm trying to acclimatise both weather (30 degrees)- and time(five-and-a-half hours ahead)-wise, ahead of the IndSpirit conference, which starts here tomorrow.
Not only will I be reporting to you from the two-day event, but on Saturday I'll actually be talking to delegates about the global beer market and the consolidation trend of recent years.
If you have any questions you'd like me to put to the great and the good of the Indian alcobev industry, then drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm also staying on for two days to play tourist in Mumbai, so if you have any visit recommendations or hints and tips for an Englishman abroad, then let me know the same way, please.
We've a bit of an Indian slant starting on just-drinks today (13 November), with the first of a two-part interview with the head of The UB Group - the country's biggest beer and spirits company - Vijay Mallya.
The interview will be up very, very soon. Once I've tanned my front.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits