Blog: India - While we're on the subject...
Olly Wehring | 13 November 2008
... just-drinks is in India!
Having arrived in Mumbai/Bombay this morning, I'm trying to acclimatise both weather (30 degrees)- and time(five-and-a-half hours ahead)-wise, ahead of the IndSpirit conference, which starts here tomorrow.
Not only will I be reporting to you from the two-day event, but on Saturday I'll actually be talking to delegates about the global beer market and the consolidation trend of recent years.
If you have any questions you'd like me to put to the great and the good of the Indian alcobev industry, then drop me a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. I'm also staying on for two days to play tourist in Mumbai, so if you have any visit recommendations or hints and tips for an Englishman abroad, then let me know the same way, please.
We've a bit of an Indian slant starting on just-drinks today (13 November), with the first of a two-part interview with the head of The UB Group - the country's biggest beer and spirits company - Vijay Mallya.
The interview will be up very, very soon. Once I've tanned my front.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign