Blog: InBev - UK press gone OTT?
Olly Wehring | 17 October 2008
Here in the UK, InBev has had a torrid time in the press this year. The company's Stella Artois brand has had more than its fair share of literary beatings in the last few months, with reports suggesting the brand was being directly linked with binge drinking in the eyes of the UK consumer.
Add to this the presence of Stella's nickname - 'wife-beater' - in almost every report about the company, and you'd forgive the unit for feeling somewhat brow-beaten.
It's not like me to feel particularly sorry for a multinational company that just keeps getting bigger and bigger, but I did let out a slight "awwww" this morning, when reading another report about InBev in the UK.
This time, as well as trotting out the usual implications, this report referred to the recently-released Stella Artois 4% as 'child-beater'.
Now, that's just mean. Isn't it?
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends