Blog: InBev - UK press gone OTT?
Olly Wehring | 17 October 2008
Here in the UK, InBev has had a torrid time in the press this year. The company's Stella Artois brand has had more than its fair share of literary beatings in the last few months, with reports suggesting the brand was being directly linked with binge drinking in the eyes of the UK consumer.
Add to this the presence of Stella's nickname - 'wife-beater' - in almost every report about the company, and you'd forgive the unit for feeling somewhat brow-beaten.
It's not like me to feel particularly sorry for a multinational company that just keeps getting bigger and bigger, but I did let out a slight "awwww" this morning, when reading another report about InBev in the UK.
This time, as well as trotting out the usual implications, this report referred to the recently-released Stella Artois 4% as 'child-beater'.
Now, that's just mean. Isn't it?
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends