Blog: IFE kicks off in London
Michelle Russell | 14 March 2011
The biennial food and drink-industry exhibition IFE is in full-swing at London’s Excel today (14 March) and just-drinks is in attendance.
While the exhibition is dominated by the food industry, there are a raft of soft drinks companies in attendance as well as a smattering of alcoholic drinks firms.
Visitors are flocking to the event for the latest new products developed by manufacturers from the UK and beyond, as well as trends for the year ahead.
According to Mintel, we can expect to see some small growth in CSDs in the UK this year, but cordials and squashes are continuing to dominate the market, with a mix of health and "value" heading the agenda for consumers.
Check just-drinks this week for updates from IFE 2011.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits