Blog: IFE kicks off in London
Michelle Russell | 14 March 2011
The biennial food and drink-industry exhibition IFE is in full-swing at London’s Excel today (14 March) and just-drinks is in attendance.
While the exhibition is dominated by the food industry, there are a raft of soft drinks companies in attendance as well as a smattering of alcoholic drinks firms.
Visitors are flocking to the event for the latest new products developed by manufacturers from the UK and beyond, as well as trends for the year ahead.
According to Mintel, we can expect to see some small growth in CSDs in the UK this year, but cordials and squashes are continuing to dominate the market, with a mix of health and "value" heading the agenda for consumers.
Check just-drinks this week for updates from IFE 2011.
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends