Blog: IFE kicks off in London
Michelle Russell | 14 March 2011
The biennial food and drink-industry exhibition IFE is in full-swing at London’s Excel today (14 March) and just-drinks is in attendance.
While the exhibition is dominated by the food industry, there are a raft of soft drinks companies in attendance as well as a smattering of alcoholic drinks firms.
Visitors are flocking to the event for the latest new products developed by manufacturers from the UK and beyond, as well as trends for the year ahead.
According to Mintel, we can expect to see some small growth in CSDs in the UK this year, but cordials and squashes are continuing to dominate the market, with a mix of health and "value" heading the agenda for consumers.
Check just-drinks this week for updates from IFE 2011.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends