Blog: IFE kicks off in London
Michelle Russell | 14 March 2011
The biennial food and drink-industry exhibition IFE is in full-swing at London’s Excel today (14 March) and just-drinks is in attendance.
While the exhibition is dominated by the food industry, there are a raft of soft drinks companies in attendance as well as a smattering of alcoholic drinks firms.
Visitors are flocking to the event for the latest new products developed by manufacturers from the UK and beyond, as well as trends for the year ahead.
According to Mintel, we can expect to see some small growth in CSDs in the UK this year, but cordials and squashes are continuing to dominate the market, with a mix of health and "value" heading the agenda for consumers.
Check just-drinks this week for updates from IFE 2011.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research