Blog: If Carlsberg ran cinemas...
Chris Mercer | 9 November 2010
Sometimes the old-fashioned methods are the best, as Carlsberg knows only too well judging by its exploits in the UK last week.
The brewer recruited model and television presenter Kelly Brook to hand out free lagers at a London cinema. Naturally, Brook was kitted out in a tiny red jumpsuit, complete with heels - proving the success of that old formula: hot woman - clothes + product = happy consumer.
Perhaps the stunt was Carlsberg's little way of saying cheers to UK consumers. The country's beer market may have suffered its worst quarterly decline in at least 13 years in the three months to the end of September, but Carlsberg managed to eke out the slimmest of volume sales increases during the same period.
Carlsberg said today that its beer volumes in Northern and Western Europe rose by 1% on a like-for-like basis in the third quarter of 2010, driven by the UK and Poland. The brewer said that it increased market share figures for the UK, but it did not give specific sales figures for the country.
It seems even 250-year-old Cognac houses want to be like Google these days....
It's not even available on pre-order yet, but Apple's latest piece of kit has already got a breathalyser app....
just-drinks is now closed for the Easter weekend....
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets