Blog: I hate my life and I want to die
Olly Wehring | 27 April 2007
You are reading the ramblings of a broken man. No, it’s not all of your Q1 figures reports I’ve had to delve through – although that hasn’t helped.
I received a lovely phone call from Heineken this afternoon. Lovely, in that they’ve been kind enough to invite me to Athens in three weeks’ time, to enjoy the Champions League Final (football, dear). And, as a Liverpool fan – we still have a fighting chance, shut up – I would give my right arm for them to be in the final, and then my left arm to be there to see it.
And yet, and yet…
Having listened with mouth wide open in awe to Heineken’s offer, a dark terror quickly took hold. The final is on Wednesday 23 May… smack bang in the middle of the London International Wine and Spirit Fair. And Athens is a long way from London.
If you could add your signatures to the petition below, it might help perk me up.
“We, the undersigned, urge you, the organisers of LIWSF to bring the event forward a week, so Olly can go to the Champions League Final. Or move it back a week, I’m not really bothered:”
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends