Blog: I hate my life and I want to die
Olly Wehring | 27 April 2007
You are reading the ramblings of a broken man. No, it’s not all of your Q1 figures reports I’ve had to delve through – although that hasn’t helped.
I received a lovely phone call from Heineken this afternoon. Lovely, in that they’ve been kind enough to invite me to Athens in three weeks’ time, to enjoy the Champions League Final (football, dear). And, as a Liverpool fan – we still have a fighting chance, shut up – I would give my right arm for them to be in the final, and then my left arm to be there to see it.
And yet, and yet…
Having listened with mouth wide open in awe to Heineken’s offer, a dark terror quickly took hold. The final is on Wednesday 23 May… smack bang in the middle of the London International Wine and Spirit Fair. And Athens is a long way from London.
If you could add your signatures to the petition below, it might help perk me up.
“We, the undersigned, urge you, the organisers of LIWSF to bring the event forward a week, so Olly can go to the Champions League Final. Or move it back a week, I’m not really bothered:”
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Remy Cointreau Fiscal-2017 sales - results data
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends