Blog: I hate my life and I want to die
Olly Wehring | 27 April 2007
You are reading the ramblings of a broken man. No, it’s not all of your Q1 figures reports I’ve had to delve through – although that hasn’t helped.
I received a lovely phone call from Heineken this afternoon. Lovely, in that they’ve been kind enough to invite me to Athens in three weeks’ time, to enjoy the Champions League Final (football, dear). And, as a Liverpool fan – we still have a fighting chance, shut up – I would give my right arm for them to be in the final, and then my left arm to be there to see it.
And yet, and yet…
Having listened with mouth wide open in awe to Heineken’s offer, a dark terror quickly took hold. The final is on Wednesday 23 May… smack bang in the middle of the London International Wine and Spirit Fair. And Athens is a long way from London.
If you could add your signatures to the petition below, it might help perk me up.
“We, the undersigned, urge you, the organisers of LIWSF to bring the event forward a week, so Olly can go to the Champions League Final. Or move it back a week, I’m not really bothered:”
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign