Blog: I hate my life and I want to die
Olly Wehring | 27 April 2007
You are reading the ramblings of a broken man. No, it’s not all of your Q1 figures reports I’ve had to delve through – although that hasn’t helped.
I received a lovely phone call from Heineken this afternoon. Lovely, in that they’ve been kind enough to invite me to Athens in three weeks’ time, to enjoy the Champions League Final (football, dear). And, as a Liverpool fan – we still have a fighting chance, shut up – I would give my right arm for them to be in the final, and then my left arm to be there to see it.
And yet, and yet…
Having listened with mouth wide open in awe to Heineken’s offer, a dark terror quickly took hold. The final is on Wednesday 23 May… smack bang in the middle of the London International Wine and Spirit Fair. And Athens is a long way from London.
If you could add your signatures to the petition below, it might help perk me up.
“We, the undersigned, urge you, the organisers of LIWSF to bring the event forward a week, so Olly can go to the Champions League Final. Or move it back a week, I’m not really bothered:”
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends