Blog: I bet Diageo looks good on the dancefloor
Olly Wehring | 23 January 2007
You’ll forgive the slight fuzziness of our output today, I hope. Both myself and news editor, Dean Best, were invited along to a popular music concert in (London) town last night, and the tinnitus has got worse as the day has progressed.
Diageo’s Jamaican lager brand Red Stripe yesterday (22 January) launched ‘Bring It On Back’, a series of gigs to be held around the UK, championing new, up-and-coming bands in unique, intimate venues. For our delectation, we were offered The Rifles at The Shunt Vaults underneath London Bridge train station.
The sight of young Mr News Editor pogoing with the best of them in the moshpit to a tune whose chorus - not unironically - shouts “All I want is a little peace and quiet” was my highlight. And when it comes to music, both Dean and I will always be found down the front.
I must also applaud Diageo’s moves in this direction (although not without noting the role played by the brand’s UK brewer, Wells & Young’s) - the global drinks giant has a fairly staid reputation amongst the drinks bods. To see one of their brands trying something as fresh as this campaign is to be admired, I feel.
Could 2007 finally see Diageo taking its jacket off and ‘getting down with the kids’?
Spotted in Havana this week – a healthy stock of Pernod Ricard's Havanista rum. ...
Alcohol always has a big presence at the Oscars, albeit mostly in a supporting role....
Business is booming at copper pot still makers Chalvignac - you can tell from the loud noise coming from its factory floor in the French town of Jarnac-Champagne. ...
Heineken is betting big on the long-term opportunity around soccer in the US. ...
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's FY Performance by Region
- Much Work to do on Packaging in the US
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Tough US hits Mast-Jagermeister volumes in 2014
- George Clooney launches Tequila Casamigos in UK
- Pernod Ricard's Havana Club Union
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report