Blog: I bet Diageo looks good on the dancefloor
Olly Wehring | 23 January 2007
You’ll forgive the slight fuzziness of our output today, I hope. Both myself and news editor, Dean Best, were invited along to a popular music concert in (London) town last night, and the tinnitus has got worse as the day has progressed.
Diageo’s Jamaican lager brand Red Stripe yesterday (22 January) launched ‘Bring It On Back’, a series of gigs to be held around the UK, championing new, up-and-coming bands in unique, intimate venues. For our delectation, we were offered The Rifles at The Shunt Vaults underneath London Bridge train station.
The sight of young Mr News Editor pogoing with the best of them in the moshpit to a tune whose chorus - not unironically - shouts “All I want is a little peace and quiet” was my highlight. And when it comes to music, both Dean and I will always be found down the front.
I must also applaud Diageo’s moves in this direction (although not without noting the role played by the brand’s UK brewer, Wells & Young’s) - the global drinks giant has a fairly staid reputation amongst the drinks bods. To see one of their brands trying something as fresh as this campaign is to be admired, I feel.
Could 2007 finally see Diageo taking its jacket off and ‘getting down with the kids’?
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the second and final part of Andy Morton's blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol...
just-drinks is in Berlin this week for Bar Convent Berlin. Here's the first part of Andy Morton's daily blog, which will keep you up-to-date at one of Europe's most important dates in the alcohol indu...
Responding to criticism on social media is tough. You've got to engage the consumer without starting an argument and - ideally - get them on side....
Want to know how The Coca-Cola Co-backed Keurig Kold - released in the US yesterday - works?...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research