Blog: Hunks drink Diet Coke? Shurely shome mishtake
Olly Wehring | 21 February 2007
Late last year, Coca-Cola Enterprises unveiled its ‘three cola strategy’ in the UK. The company said at the time that, with original Coke hooking up with football in the country, Coke Zero would be for the boys, or ‘Bloke Coke’ if you will, while Diet Coke would target the girls.
Diet Coke is returning to its ‘Diet Coke break’ ad campaign, based on ladies admiring a hunky man and toying with cans of the drink. Here’s the new ad in all its glory.
But wait – isn’t that hunky man holding a can of something? It must be Coke Zero, yes? Oh no – our hunk is drinking Diet Coke.
As a red blooded male, I want to fit in with my peers and, at the same time, appear attractive to women. So which Coke should I drink?
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends