Blog: How a visit to the dentist helped Muthar Kent get ahead in business
Andy Morton | 26 June 2015
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking.
In an article in Forbes this week, the Coca-Cola Co CEO recounts the time he struck up a friendship with a dentist on a trip to Albania. It was 1989 and Albania was behind the Iron Curtain. But after their initial meeting, Kent kept in touch by sending the man Western magazine articles. The following year, the dentist - Salih Berisha - became the first elected president of Albania.
Kent continues: “Coca-Cola became the first foreign investment (in Albania), and in 1993 we opened the first modern Coca-Cola plant. President Berisha joined me for the ribbon cutting and today Coca-Cola supports over 2,000 jobs in this country.”
Worth remembering on your next trip to the dentist.
June last year, and Adolfo Hurtado, the gregarious chief winemaker & general manager for Concha y Toro's Cono Sur, is in a sunny mood as he goes about his day at the Chilean winery....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Pernod Ricard has introduced a new Absolut vodka flavour to the US market. ...
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends