Blog: Hennessy's time capsule is for the ages
Lucy Britner | 11 June 2015
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac. The Hennessy Time Barrel (virtually) rolls into London this week and people are being invited to share 15-second videos or text messages for future generations. The barrel will be 'opened' in 2065.
It's hard to image what the world will look like in 2065. To give you some idea of how far we've come in the last 50 years, here are a few stories from 1965...
- Winston Churchill dies
- The Who release their first studio album
- Malcolm X is assassinated
and in drinks...
- The UK government announces plans to introduce a drink driving limit
- Pernod takes over Distillerie Rousseau, Laurens et Moureaux - producer of Suze liquor, though its merger with Ricard is still ten years down the line
- Bacardi International relocates from the Bahamas to Bermuda, five years after its operations were confiscated in Cuba
- A joint venture is set up in Japan with Sapporo to market imported Guinness.
Crystal balls at the ready, people.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends