Blog: Hennessy's time capsule is for the ages
Lucy Britner | 11 June 2015
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac. The Hennessy Time Barrel (virtually) rolls into London this week and people are being invited to share 15-second videos or text messages for future generations. The barrel will be 'opened' in 2065.
It's hard to image what the world will look like in 2065. To give you some idea of how far we've come in the last 50 years, here are a few stories from 1965...
- Winston Churchill dies
- The Who release their first studio album
- Malcolm X is assassinated
and in drinks...
- The UK government announces plans to introduce a drink driving limit
- Pernod takes over Distillerie Rousseau, Laurens et Moureaux - producer of Suze liquor, though its merger with Ricard is still ten years down the line
- Bacardi International relocates from the Bahamas to Bermuda, five years after its operations were confiscated in Cuba
- A joint venture is set up in Japan with Sapporo to market imported Guinness.
Crystal balls at the ready, people.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Yesterday, Remy Cointreau posted a strong jump in YTD sales driven by impressive Cognac Q3 performances in China and the US. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's sales performance by...
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits