Blog: Hennessy's time capsule is for the ages
Lucy Britner | 11 June 2015
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac. The Hennessy Time Barrel (virtually) rolls into London this week and people are being invited to share 15-second videos or text messages for future generations. The barrel will be 'opened' in 2065.
It's hard to image what the world will look like in 2065. To give you some idea of how far we've come in the last 50 years, here are a few stories from 1965...
- Winston Churchill dies
- The Who release their first studio album
- Malcolm X is assassinated
and in drinks...
- The UK government announces plans to introduce a drink driving limit
- Pernod takes over Distillerie Rousseau, Laurens et Moureaux - producer of Suze liquor, though its merger with Ricard is still ten years down the line
- Bacardi International relocates from the Bahamas to Bermuda, five years after its operations were confiscated in Cuba
- A joint venture is set up in Japan with Sapporo to market imported Guinness.
Crystal balls at the ready, people.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
Charter Brands has released its first new product since the launch of Langley's No 8 three years ago...
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
Conecuh Ridge Distillers has launched an extension of its Clyde May's US whiskey brand, with a limited edition cask strength iteration rolling out across the US next month....
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How soft drinks can exploit alcohol's loss
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- Diageo investment paying off for Captain Morgan
- Diageo job cut figures "likely overstated"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends