Blog: Hennessy's time capsule is for the ages
Lucy Britner | 11 June 2015
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac. The Hennessy Time Barrel (virtually) rolls into London this week and people are being invited to share 15-second videos or text messages for future generations. The barrel will be 'opened' in 2065.
It's hard to image what the world will look like in 2065. To give you some idea of how far we've come in the last 50 years, here are a few stories from 1965...
- Winston Churchill dies
- The Who release their first studio album
- Malcolm X is assassinated
and in drinks...
- The UK government announces plans to introduce a drink driving limit
- Pernod takes over Distillerie Rousseau, Laurens et Moureaux - producer of Suze liquor, though its merger with Ricard is still ten years down the line
- Bacardi International relocates from the Bahamas to Bermuda, five years after its operations were confiscated in Cuba
- A joint venture is set up in Japan with Sapporo to market imported Guinness.
Crystal balls at the ready, people.
In his latest commentary for just-drinks, former drinks analyst Ian Shackleton heads to Brazil to look at 3G's burned fingers, the future worries for Anheuser-Busch InBev and Britvic's samba moves....
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Moet Hennessy's Glenmorangie Co has unveiled the oldest iteration of its namesake single malt Scotch whisky brand....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- IAADFS Duty Free Show of the Americas - Preview
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research