Blog: Hennessy's time capsule is for the ages
Lucy Britner | 11 June 2015
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac. The Hennessy Time Barrel (virtually) rolls into London this week and people are being invited to share 15-second videos or text messages for future generations. The barrel will be 'opened' in 2065.
It's hard to image what the world will look like in 2065. To give you some idea of how far we've come in the last 50 years, here are a few stories from 1965...
- Winston Churchill dies
- The Who release their first studio album
- Malcolm X is assassinated
and in drinks...
- The UK government announces plans to introduce a drink driving limit
- Pernod takes over Distillerie Rousseau, Laurens et Moureaux - producer of Suze liquor, though its merger with Ricard is still ten years down the line
- Bacardi International relocates from the Bahamas to Bermuda, five years after its operations were confiscated in Cuba
- A joint venture is set up in Japan with Sapporo to market imported Guinness.
Crystal balls at the ready, people.
In the first part of just-drinks' interview with Bulldog Gin Co's founder & CEO, Anshuman Vohra, we looked at the birth and rise of the brand. In part two, Vohra considers the wider gin segment, Bulld...
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
Experts have said drinks and brands that do not centre around one gender will drive future trends, as modern consumers look to avoid stereotypes. ...
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020