Blog: Help to go green in Scotland
Olly Wehring | 9 December 2009
Calling all drinks companies with production operations in Scotland (and that's quite a few of you).
If you're looking for assistance in green-ing up your facilities in the country, then read on.
A third round of the Scottish Biomass Heat Scheme (SBHS) was announced by Jim Mather, Minister for Enterprise, Energy and Tourism in the Scottish Parliament last month.
The SBHS supports small- and medium-sized businesses across Scotland to install woodfuel heating for space or process heat and hot water. “We believe the food and drink industry can experience quick financial payback from converting to woodfuel ('spend to save') while substantially reducing their carbon emissions,” a spokesperson said.
If you would like to apply for support for a biomass project, get in touch with the Regional Biomass Advice Network. Contact details for your nearest adviser can be found here.
Further information, application forms and guidance notes can be found here.
The closing date for applications is 12 February 2010.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World