Blog: Help to go green in Scotland
Olly Wehring | 9 December 2009
Calling all drinks companies with production operations in Scotland (and that's quite a few of you).
If you're looking for assistance in green-ing up your facilities in the country, then read on.
A third round of the Scottish Biomass Heat Scheme (SBHS) was announced by Jim Mather, Minister for Enterprise, Energy and Tourism in the Scottish Parliament last month.
The SBHS supports small- and medium-sized businesses across Scotland to install woodfuel heating for space or process heat and hot water. “We believe the food and drink industry can experience quick financial payback from converting to woodfuel ('spend to save') while substantially reducing their carbon emissions,” a spokesperson said.
If you would like to apply for support for a biomass project, get in touch with the Regional Biomass Advice Network. Contact details for your nearest adviser can be found here.
Further information, application forms and guidance notes can be found here.
The closing date for applications is 12 February 2010.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research