Blog: Help to go green in Scotland
Olly Wehring | 9 December 2009
Calling all drinks companies with production operations in Scotland (and that's quite a few of you).
If you're looking for assistance in green-ing up your facilities in the country, then read on.
A third round of the Scottish Biomass Heat Scheme (SBHS) was announced by Jim Mather, Minister for Enterprise, Energy and Tourism in the Scottish Parliament last month.
The SBHS supports small- and medium-sized businesses across Scotland to install woodfuel heating for space or process heat and hot water. “We believe the food and drink industry can experience quick financial payback from converting to woodfuel ('spend to save') while substantially reducing their carbon emissions,” a spokesperson said.
If you would like to apply for support for a biomass project, get in touch with the Regional Biomass Advice Network. Contact details for your nearest adviser can be found here.
Further information, application forms and guidance notes can be found here.
The closing date for applications is 12 February 2010.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends