Blog: Help to go green in Scotland
Olly Wehring | 9 December 2009
Calling all drinks companies with production operations in Scotland (and that's quite a few of you).
If you're looking for assistance in green-ing up your facilities in the country, then read on.
A third round of the Scottish Biomass Heat Scheme (SBHS) was announced by Jim Mather, Minister for Enterprise, Energy and Tourism in the Scottish Parliament last month.
The SBHS supports small- and medium-sized businesses across Scotland to install woodfuel heating for space or process heat and hot water. “We believe the food and drink industry can experience quick financial payback from converting to woodfuel ('spend to save') while substantially reducing their carbon emissions,” a spokesperson said.
If you would like to apply for support for a biomass project, get in touch with the Regional Biomass Advice Network. Contact details for your nearest adviser can be found here.
Further information, application forms and guidance notes can be found here.
The closing date for applications is 12 February 2010.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends