Blog: Heineken's Bond adventure: Hit or miss?
James Wilmore | 13 November 2012
The James Bond/Heineken tie-up has caused quite a fizz. Some seem shaken by the corporate takeover, others are unstirred.
Some have poked fun, like Jay Leno.
Having seen the film, one thing struck me as odd. Arguably the most memorable scene featuring the Dutch beer brand is one in which Bond is seen as a washed-up drunk in bed, nursing Heineken's iconic green bottle.
Surely, when you've reportedly paid US$45m to have your product featured, this is not the sort of image you want projected?
I suppose it's not as bad as having a character being seen to drink your product while driving, which is what rival Anheuser-Busch InBev was jumping up and down about last week.
Still, at least they hadn't splashed any cash on the venture.
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
In yet one more sign that The Coca-Cola Co is losing its lustre, the soft drinks maker has, for the first time, fallen out of the top ten of a 'world's biggest brands' ranking....
What a week for stats! Yesterday, the Beverage Marketing Corporation released figures to show the bottled water market had more than doubled over the past 15 years in the US....
The Euro 2016 football tournament is almost upon us....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends