Blog: Heineken's Bond adventure: Hit or miss?
James Wilmore | 13 November 2012
The James Bond/Heineken tie-up has caused quite a fizz. Some seem shaken by the corporate takeover, others are unstirred.
Some have poked fun, like Jay Leno.
Having seen the film, one thing struck me as odd. Arguably the most memorable scene featuring the Dutch beer brand is one in which Bond is seen as a washed-up drunk in bed, nursing Heineken's iconic green bottle.
Surely, when you've reportedly paid US$45m to have your product featured, this is not the sort of image you want projected?
I suppose it's not as bad as having a character being seen to drink your product while driving, which is what rival Anheuser-Busch InBev was jumping up and down about last week.
Still, at least they hadn't splashed any cash on the venture.
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
Frank Sinatra liked a drink. He was famous for it. ...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- Are Big Spirits Companies Failing to Innovate?
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- just the Winners - IWSC Spirits Trophy Winners
- Suntory sells Louis Royer Cognac for US$110m
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research