Blog: Heineken's Bond adventure: Hit or miss?
James Wilmore | 13 November 2012
The James Bond/Heineken tie-up has caused quite a fizz. Some seem shaken by the corporate takeover, others are unstirred.
Some have poked fun, like Jay Leno.
Having seen the film, one thing struck me as odd. Arguably the most memorable scene featuring the Dutch beer brand is one in which Bond is seen as a washed-up drunk in bed, nursing Heineken's iconic green bottle.
Surely, when you've reportedly paid US$45m to have your product featured, this is not the sort of image you want projected?
I suppose it's not as bad as having a character being seen to drink your product while driving, which is what rival Anheuser-Busch InBev was jumping up and down about last week.
Still, at least they hadn't splashed any cash on the venture.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Heineken 2012-2016 - results data
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Beam Suntory revamps Bowmore whisky packaging
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Asahi Group lifts 2016 sales, profits
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends