Blog: Heineken pedals Radlers to Africa
Andy Morton | 21 August 2013
Heineken's Radler beers continue to expand their presence, with the Dutch brewer confirming in first-half results today they are now available in 24 of its markets. That's 12 more than at the beginning of the year.
More surprisingly, the lemon-flavoured, low-strength beer style with its origins in 1920s Germany, has pedalled its way to Africa. Heineken's Primus Radler was launched in the Democratic Republic of Congo in April and Bourbon Radler entered La Reunion last month, a company spokesperson told just-drinks today (21 August).
For a drink that means “cyclist” in German, that's a lot of pedalling.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
Earlier today (1 April), the Scotch Whisky Association released full-year export figures for the category. Here's just-drinks provides a full rundown of the top markets by value and volume and how the...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
Export sales of Scotch whisky dropped by 7% in value terms last year as the category suffered in the US, its biggest market, new figures show....
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Brewers v Distillers in Nutrition Control Battle
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly