Blog: Heineken gets Foster's profile boost with a catch
Olly Wehring | 6 September 2016
Here in the UK, we're coming to the end of a fine summer of cricket, with England having played against Sri Lanka and Pakistan in a number of matches around the country.
The best was saved 'til last for Heineken, whose Foster's brand is the official lager of England cricket. In Cardiff, on Sunday, this happened.
As a result of his heroics, Mateen Sharif, 27 from Birmingham, has won an all-expenses paid trip for two to Australia, from Foster's. He was also wearing a Foster's T-shirt... and sitting in the Foster's Grandstand.
Despite the perfect serendipity, I've been assured that Mateen does not work for Heineken.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends