Blog: Heineken gets Foster's profile boost with a catch
Olly Wehring | 6 September 2016
Here in the UK, we're coming to the end of a fine summer of cricket, with England having played against Sri Lanka and Pakistan in a number of matches around the country.
The best was saved 'til last for Heineken, whose Foster's brand is the official lager of England cricket. In Cardiff, on Sunday, this happened.
As a result of his heroics, Mateen Sharif, 27 from Birmingham, has won an all-expenses paid trip for two to Australia, from Foster's. He was also wearing a Foster's T-shirt... and sitting in the Foster's Grandstand.
Despite the perfect serendipity, I've been assured that Mateen does not work for Heineken.
In our latest look at consumer trends in the drinks industry, Ben Cooper turns his attention to the marketing of products along gender lines and asks, why are drinks brands struggling to keep up with ...
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends