Blog: Heineken calls time on S&N
Olly Wehring | 23 November 2009
The name Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) today disappeared from brewing in the UK, following its official name change to Heineken UK.
The group, formed in 1960 by the merger between Scottish Brewers and Newcastle Breweries, was bought and carved up by Heineken and Carlsberg in April 2008 for a total sum of around GBP8bn.
Heineken took S&N's UK business and, after keeping the name for more than a year, has today officially changed it to Heineken UK, complete with a new website.
The S&N name will continue to be used by the company's pub management business, which has become the Scottish & Newcastle Pub Company, reflecting the development of this part of the business.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits