Blog: Heineken calls time on S&N
Olly Wehring | 23 November 2009
The name Scottish & Newcastle (S&N) today disappeared from brewing in the UK, following its official name change to Heineken UK.
The group, formed in 1960 by the merger between Scottish Brewers and Newcastle Breweries, was bought and carved up by Heineken and Carlsberg in April 2008 for a total sum of around GBP8bn.
Heineken took S&N's UK business and, after keeping the name for more than a year, has today officially changed it to Heineken UK, complete with a new website.
The S&N name will continue to be used by the company's pub management business, which has become the Scottish & Newcastle Pub Company, reflecting the development of this part of the business.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends