Blog: Havana Club - It's a fair question... isn't it?
Olly Wehring | 17 August 2006
As you'll see when it goes live tomorrow, I've been researching the full story about Havana Club this week. I've spoken to both Bacardi and Pernod Ricard, and some of the language has been really quite colourful.
Pernod is, naturally, a tad peeved at Bacardi for launching its own Havana Club rum this month in the US, a market Pernod can't penetrate with the product right now due to a longstanding trade embargo. The French company has subsequently hit Bacardi with a lawsuit, accusing the US company of misleading consumers by offering a rum called Havana Club that is actually made in... Puerto Rico.
I stopped short of asking Pernod one question yesterday, just so I could publicly ask the company now.
Pernod, where is Malibu rum made?
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research