Blog: Hats off to Munich
Olly Wehring | 21 September 2009
Those of you who like to keep track of your roving editor Olly Wehring will be interested in the latest photo to arrive on my phone yesterday lunchtime. Let no one say he is not willing to work long and hard at the weekends, whilst the rest of us relax, in order to continue to broaden his knowledge of the global drinks industry.
On a more serious note, once he had sampled the delights of Oktoberfest, he boarded a train straight to Zurich (hat in tow) where he is today interviewing global executives of The Coca-Cola Company (hat left in hotel). Keep your eyes peeled for the results of that meeting later this week.
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring AG Barr, Bombay Sapphire, Wines of South Africa and Pabst Brewing Co....
It seems there's not much in the world that can make people smile these days. Luckily, we're part of an industry that has just been scientifically proven to do just that. ...
Despite accounting for just a small percentage of overall sales, craft beer is making an impression on the US....
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring SABMiller, Orangina Schweppes, PepsiCo and Scottish devolution....
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Treasury Wine Estates: Here I Go Again On My Own
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- Will low-alcohol wines wither on the vine?
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker hit by Travel Retail slump
- Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- Quintessential Brands changes MD at Essential unit