Blog: Hats off to Munich
Olly Wehring | 21 September 2009
Those of you who like to keep track of your roving editor Olly Wehring will be interested in the latest photo to arrive on my phone yesterday lunchtime. Let no one say he is not willing to work long and hard at the weekends, whilst the rest of us relax, in order to continue to broaden his knowledge of the global drinks industry.
On a more serious note, once he had sampled the delights of Oktoberfest, he boarded a train straight to Zurich (hat in tow) where he is today interviewing global executives of The Coca-Cola Company (hat left in hotel). Keep your eyes peeled for the results of that meeting later this week.
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
The US state of Arkansas goes to the polls on 4 November to decide whether to end so-called “dry” counties, meaning ones that don't allow any alcohol sales. About half of the state's 75 counties are a...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk