Blog: Hats off to Munich
Olly Wehring | 21 September 2009
Those of you who like to keep track of your roving editor Olly Wehring will be interested in the latest photo to arrive on my phone yesterday lunchtime. Let no one say he is not willing to work long and hard at the weekends, whilst the rest of us relax, in order to continue to broaden his knowledge of the global drinks industry.
On a more serious note, once he had sampled the delights of Oktoberfest, he boarded a train straight to Zurich (hat in tow) where he is today interviewing global executives of The Coca-Cola Company (hat left in hotel). Keep your eyes peeled for the results of that meeting later this week.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits