Blog: Hasn't she got Super Bowls?
Chris Brook-Carter | 1 February 2005
As Super Bowl weekend approaches (don’t ask me who’s playing), the tension mounts – who’s going to win? What will the half-time show be like? How good will the adverts be? One certainty we can give you, however, is what you will NOT be watching.
According to Advertising Age, Anheuser-Busch has decided against running an advert which pokes fun at the Janet Jackson, ahem, episode at last year’s Super Bowl.
The advert features a man backstage before last year’s halftime show struggling to open a bottle of Bud Light. He sees Janet’s dress draped over a chair and uses it to get a grip on the beer cap. He damages the dress slightly and fails to repair it correctly, leading to the rather famous wardrobe malfunction later onstage.
The decision not to run the advert was made after discussions with Fox TV, which is showing the game, and the National Football League.
See, the one thing that makes American Football entertaining for us Brits, and they refuse to run it…
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends