Blog: Hasn't she got Super Bowls?
Chris Brook-Carter | 1 February 2005
As Super Bowl weekend approaches (don’t ask me who’s playing), the tension mounts – who’s going to win? What will the half-time show be like? How good will the adverts be? One certainty we can give you, however, is what you will NOT be watching.
According to Advertising Age, Anheuser-Busch has decided against running an advert which pokes fun at the Janet Jackson, ahem, episode at last year’s Super Bowl.
The advert features a man backstage before last year’s halftime show struggling to open a bottle of Bud Light. He sees Janet’s dress draped over a chair and uses it to get a grip on the beer cap. He damages the dress slightly and fails to repair it correctly, leading to the rather famous wardrobe malfunction later onstage.
The decision not to run the advert was made after discussions with Fox TV, which is showing the game, and the National Football League.
See, the one thing that makes American Football entertaining for us Brits, and they refuse to run it…
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World