Blog: Hasn't she got Super Bowls?
Chris Brook-Carter | 1 February 2005
As Super Bowl weekend approaches (don’t ask me who’s playing), the tension mounts – who’s going to win? What will the half-time show be like? How good will the adverts be? One certainty we can give you, however, is what you will NOT be watching.
According to Advertising Age, Anheuser-Busch has decided against running an advert which pokes fun at the Janet Jackson, ahem, episode at last year’s Super Bowl.
The advert features a man backstage before last year’s halftime show struggling to open a bottle of Bud Light. He sees Janet’s dress draped over a chair and uses it to get a grip on the beer cap. He damages the dress slightly and fails to repair it correctly, leading to the rather famous wardrobe malfunction later onstage.
The decision not to run the advert was made after discussions with Fox TV, which is showing the game, and the National Football League.
See, the one thing that makes American Football entertaining for us Brits, and they refuse to run it…
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends