Blog: Hasn't she got Super Bowls?
Chris Brook-Carter | 1 February 2005
As Super Bowl weekend approaches (don’t ask me who’s playing), the tension mounts – who’s going to win? What will the half-time show be like? How good will the adverts be? One certainty we can give you, however, is what you will NOT be watching.
According to Advertising Age, Anheuser-Busch has decided against running an advert which pokes fun at the Janet Jackson, ahem, episode at last year’s Super Bowl.
The advert features a man backstage before last year’s halftime show struggling to open a bottle of Bud Light. He sees Janet’s dress draped over a chair and uses it to get a grip on the beer cap. He damages the dress slightly and fails to repair it correctly, leading to the rather famous wardrobe malfunction later onstage.
The decision not to run the advert was made after discussions with Fox TV, which is showing the game, and the National Football League.
See, the one thing that makes American Football entertaining for us Brits, and they refuse to run it…
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits