Blog: Hasn't she got Super Bowls?
Chris Brook-Carter | 1 February 2005
As Super Bowl weekend approaches (don’t ask me who’s playing), the tension mounts – who’s going to win? What will the half-time show be like? How good will the adverts be? One certainty we can give you, however, is what you will NOT be watching.
According to Advertising Age, Anheuser-Busch has decided against running an advert which pokes fun at the Janet Jackson, ahem, episode at last year’s Super Bowl.
The advert features a man backstage before last year’s halftime show struggling to open a bottle of Bud Light. He sees Janet’s dress draped over a chair and uses it to get a grip on the beer cap. He damages the dress slightly and fails to repair it correctly, leading to the rather famous wardrobe malfunction later onstage.
The decision not to run the advert was made after discussions with Fox TV, which is showing the game, and the National Football League.
See, the one thing that makes American Football entertaining for us Brits, and they refuse to run it…
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range