Blog: Guinness in cost-cut shocker?
Olly Wehring | 24 September 2009
We've had an early start to today at just-drinks, with a morning flight to Ireland.
We're here as guests of Diageo at what looks like being a star-studded bash for Guinness' 250th birthday.
Farcical circumstances on the tarmac at Gatwick Airport led the Ryanair staff to reel through a role call of passengers' surnames.
Just before mine, they called out 'Walsh'.
Paul Walsh? On Ryanair?
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- SABMiller's troubles fuel M&A rumours
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's H1 Performance by Brand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Diageo Q1 sales dip "in line with expectations"
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"