Blog: Guinness in cost-cut shocker?
Olly Wehring | 24 September 2009
We've had an early start to today at just-drinks, with a morning flight to Ireland.
We're here as guests of Diageo at what looks like being a star-studded bash for Guinness' 250th birthday.
Farcical circumstances on the tarmac at Gatwick Airport led the Ryanair staff to reel through a role call of passengers' surnames.
Just before mine, they called out 'Walsh'.
Paul Walsh? On Ryanair?
Do you have a water source in your garden? By which, I mean a spring, rather than an outside tap....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo and Coca-Cola Co, Castel, Molson Coors and the cachaca sector....
There was a big focus on supermarkets and their Scotch offerings this week when a couple of own-brand malts scooped top awards at the International Wines and Spirits Competition (IWSC)....
You can't seem to move at the moment for news of US craft brewers expanding....
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- Molson Coors CEO exit - Mega-Merger on hold?
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Diageo boosts exec committee
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Diageo bags Facebook unit boss as director