Blog: Grupo Modelo - what gives?
Olly Wehring | 20 June 2008
Startling news to end the week on came in earlier this afternoon. The CEO of Grupo Modelo has quit his post on the board of Anheuser-Busch.
So, what's going on there, then? Neither side will say any more, but could it be, as one analyst reckons, that "Grupo Modelo doesn't want to get in the middle of the negotiations between InBev and A-B"?
Or has there been a falling-out between Carlos Fernandez and A-B? The US brewer has been rumoured to be looking to bid for the Mexican company, with A-B currently holding a 50%, non-controlling stake. The Fernandez family, which owns the other half and runs the company, is thought to prefer keeping Modelo in Mexican hands.
Curiouser and curiouser - what do you think?
Let us know.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends