Blog: Growth hopes
Chris Brook-Carter | 18 September 2003
The latest AC Neilsen figures, which were passed on to me by a US colleague earlier this week, certainly seem to point in the right direction. Nielsen figures measuring overall spirits sales in off-premise/retail outlets through to the end of June show total volume increased by 2.2% in the preceding 52 weeks.
But it was the summer that was most encouraging. Nielsen data showed that sales were 5.0% higher than during the same 13-week period last year. The latest 13-week numbers show that rum (up 8.4%), Tequila (up 8.2%), vodka (up 6.1%), and Bourbon (up 3.3%) were category growth leaders.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research