Blog: Got to love those Germans - I do
Olly Wehring | 9 October 2007
Whilst my personal opinion on liquid restrictions at UK airports is probably not suitable to be aired on these pages, you can probably guess it, based on how relieved I am to hear of this new invention from Germany.
A machine, developed in the country by scientists at the Juelich Research Centre, can ascertain what kind of liquid is contained in glass and plastic bottles and tubes. The device takes only one second to find what type of liquid it is scanning.
According to local reports, the device can also spot inflammable fluids and certain sorts of acids.
You can always count on the Germans to come up with solutions to problems, you know.
And, with a surname like mine, be assured I speak from experience.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends