Blog: Gossip Girl strips for SoBe Lifewater ad
Michelle Russell | 17 January 2011
A bottle of SoBe Lifewater was all that persuaded Gossip Girl star Jessica Szohr to strip naked for a new advertising campaign. Okay, well maybe a nice lump of cash too.
Calm down, though, because Szohr, who is promoting the bottled water drink in Costa Rica, wasn't completely naked. She was allowed some body paint to spare her blushes as she drank the water near a waterfall and up against a tree.
The glossy advert will feature in next month's edition of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit and is nicknamed the SoBe 'skinshoot' (see what they did?).
Question is, though, does this really do anything for the SoBe Lifewater brand?
It's a bank holiday here in the UK on Monday (25 August). just-drinks' team will be taking a well-earned lie down. ...
Poland is hardly noted for its cider consumption, but all this could be about to change. ...
Here's a brave move by the folk from Camerata at Paulie's in Houston: a wine-related parody of Summer Nights from Grease....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring The Coca-Cola Co and Monster Beverage Corp, Constellation Brands, Anheuser-Busch InBev and Australia's wine producers....
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Brewers Feel Prolonged Russian Winter
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Bacardi sees North America president step down