Blog: Gossip Girl strips for SoBe Lifewater ad
Michelle Russell | 17 January 2011
A bottle of SoBe Lifewater was all that persuaded Gossip Girl star Jessica Szohr to strip naked for a new advertising campaign. Okay, well maybe a nice lump of cash too.
Calm down, though, because Szohr, who is promoting the bottled water drink in Costa Rica, wasn't completely naked. She was allowed some body paint to spare her blushes as she drank the water near a waterfall and up against a tree.
The glossy advert will feature in next month's edition of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit and is nicknamed the SoBe 'skinshoot' (see what they did?).
Question is, though, does this really do anything for the SoBe Lifewater brand?
It would appear that the folk at the UK arm of Carlsberg have this year found the 'gimmicky' drawer in the marketing office....
It's a popular grizzle and one I'll admit to having on at least one or two occasions… a day. Why do people post photos of their food and/or drink on to my social media feed?...
After a 2014 it'll want to forget, Treasury Wine Estates has some good news....
The garden shed is usually home to some spiders, a lawnmower and a few half-empty paint tins. ...
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- Focus - Diageo's FY Performance by Region
- Diageo " knew United Spirits would be complicated”
- It's not all bad for Diageo - Analysis
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Challenges remain as Diageo posts flat FY sales
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Bacardi creates Bacardi rum marketing role
- Tesco pulls small carton-size Ribena, Rubicon, Cap
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research