Blog: Gossip Girl strips for SoBe Lifewater ad
Michelle Russell | 17 January 2011
A bottle of SoBe Lifewater was all that persuaded Gossip Girl star Jessica Szohr to strip naked for a new advertising campaign. Okay, well maybe a nice lump of cash too.
Calm down, though, because Szohr, who is promoting the bottled water drink in Costa Rica, wasn't completely naked. She was allowed some body paint to spare her blushes as she drank the water near a waterfall and up against a tree.
The glossy advert will feature in next month's edition of Sports Illustrated Swimsuit and is nicknamed the SoBe 'skinshoot' (see what they did?).
Question is, though, does this really do anything for the SoBe Lifewater brand?
Greetings from Zurich. Here as a guest of Heineken's Amstel brand, I'm due to sit down later today with the group's senior global director for international brands, Walter Drenth....
Drinks companies spend a lot of money on trying to predict trends. At last night's Worshipful Company of Distillers City debate, any strategists in the audience got a bit of forecasting for free....
I'll admit to being partial to an Aperol Spritz now and again, more usually in the summer months, sitting outside, shades on, slowly turning more golden/rusty....
Jim Cramer, the excitable host of stock-picker programme Mad Money on CNBC, turned his attention on US brewers last week, attempting to forecast which has the most potential for investors....
- Boom time for soft drinks in West Europe?
- Protein interest offers drinks opportunities - NPD
- Patron's lesson for the broader spirits sector
- Britvic's H1 Performance by Region - Focus
- Alcohol and the risk of breast cancer - ISFAR
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- SABMiller issues currency alert as Africa weakens
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Diageo names Javier Ferran as new chairman
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Keurig Green Mountain in Hot Drinks (World)
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends