Blog: Goodness! You made me jump.
Olly Wehring | 24 May 2006
Anti drink-driving campaigners are upping the ante in the US. And this time, they’re following you all the way to the toilet…
“The men’s room offers one relatively untouched ad vehicle that just about everyone who enters it faces: the urinal,” a press release on my desk reads. Is anyone else slightly scared?
In Nassau County in New York, the police department has installed ‘Wizmark Interactive Urinal Communicators’ within the urinal and above the drain.
“The device automatically recognises the presence of a ‘visitor,’” it says here, “and after a brief delay - allowing the viewer to get properly positioned - proceeds to emit a very audible pre-recorded 15 second message stating: ‘Hey you. Yea You, having a few drinks? Then listen up! Think you had one too many? Then it’s time to call a cab or call a sober friend for a ride home. It sure is safer and a hell of a lot cheaper than a DWI. Make the smart choice tonight, don’t drink and drive.’”
Looks like the ‘visitor’ is standing in the right place before an invisible stranger shouts “Hey you.”
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends