Blog: Goodness! You made me jump.
Olly Wehring | 24 May 2006
Anti drink-driving campaigners are upping the ante in the US. And this time, they’re following you all the way to the toilet…
“The men’s room offers one relatively untouched ad vehicle that just about everyone who enters it faces: the urinal,” a press release on my desk reads. Is anyone else slightly scared?
In Nassau County in New York, the police department has installed ‘Wizmark Interactive Urinal Communicators’ within the urinal and above the drain.
“The device automatically recognises the presence of a ‘visitor,’” it says here, “and after a brief delay - allowing the viewer to get properly positioned - proceeds to emit a very audible pre-recorded 15 second message stating: ‘Hey you. Yea You, having a few drinks? Then listen up! Think you had one too many? Then it’s time to call a cab or call a sober friend for a ride home. It sure is safer and a hell of a lot cheaper than a DWI. Make the smart choice tonight, don’t drink and drive.’”
Looks like the ‘visitor’ is standing in the right place before an invisible stranger shouts “Hey you.”
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends