Blog: Glenmorangie, Hardys and Heineken – The Drinks of Sports Billies
Olly Wehring | 23 May 2014
It's been a sporting week for me, and one I don't think I'll forget about for a very, very long time.
First up, I was with Moet Hennessy UK on Tuesday evening for a drinks reception to celebrate Glenmorangie's sponsorship of The Open Championship. In its final year this year, Moet Hennessy is all set to extend the tie-up with the golfing major and brought along the claret jug to the reception to celebrate.
The following day provided a 'dear diary' moment for me: The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (for almost all of us) to walk out to bat at Lord's cricket ground. Accolade Wine's sponsorship deal with the England Cricket Board for its Hardys brand includes a day of corporate cricket. Knowing my love of the game as they do, the company very kindly invited me along. A day bracketed by meals in the hallowed Long Room – dinner was black tie, of course – has left me thoroughly sated on the sport front.
But, there's more. I'm on my way to Wales this morning, in preparation for tomorrow's Heineken Cup Final in Cardiff. Ahead of that, Heineken UK are hosting a day's golf at Celtic Manor, home of the 2010 Ryder Cup.
I'd share a photo with you of my day today, but right now that would comprise an image of Swindon train station in the rain.
And, no-one wants to see that.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
Here, Euromonitor considers what we can expect in the beer segment in the year ahead....
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Diageo's Oban Little Bay single malt Scotch - NPD
- Diageo nears wine exit with Acacia sale to Peju
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research