Blog: Glenmorangie, Hardys and Heineken – The Drinks of Sports Billies
Olly Wehring | 23 May 2014
It's been a sporting week for me, and one I don't think I'll forget about for a very, very long time.
First up, I was with Moet Hennessy UK on Tuesday evening for a drinks reception to celebrate Glenmorangie's sponsorship of The Open Championship. In its final year this year, Moet Hennessy is all set to extend the tie-up with the golfing major and brought along the claret jug to the reception to celebrate.
The following day provided a 'dear diary' moment for me: The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (for almost all of us) to walk out to bat at Lord's cricket ground. Accolade Wine's sponsorship deal with the England Cricket Board for its Hardys brand includes a day of corporate cricket. Knowing my love of the game as they do, the company very kindly invited me along. A day bracketed by meals in the hallowed Long Room – dinner was black tie, of course – has left me thoroughly sated on the sport front.
But, there's more. I'm on my way to Wales this morning, in preparation for tomorrow's Heineken Cup Final in Cardiff. Ahead of that, Heineken UK are hosting a day's golf at Celtic Manor, home of the 2010 Ryder Cup.
I'd share a photo with you of my day today, but right now that would comprise an image of Swindon train station in the rain.
And, no-one wants to see that.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages