Blog: Glenmorangie, Hardys and Heineken – The Drinks of Sports Billies
Olly Wehring | 23 May 2014
It's been a sporting week for me, and one I don't think I'll forget about for a very, very long time.
First up, I was with Moet Hennessy UK on Tuesday evening for a drinks reception to celebrate Glenmorangie's sponsorship of The Open Championship. In its final year this year, Moet Hennessy is all set to extend the tie-up with the golfing major and brought along the claret jug to the reception to celebrate.
The following day provided a 'dear diary' moment for me: The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (for almost all of us) to walk out to bat at Lord's cricket ground. Accolade Wine's sponsorship deal with the England Cricket Board for its Hardys brand includes a day of corporate cricket. Knowing my love of the game as they do, the company very kindly invited me along. A day bracketed by meals in the hallowed Long Room – dinner was black tie, of course – has left me thoroughly sated on the sport front.
But, there's more. I'm on my way to Wales this morning, in preparation for tomorrow's Heineken Cup Final in Cardiff. Ahead of that, Heineken UK are hosting a day's golf at Celtic Manor, home of the 2010 Ryder Cup.
I'd share a photo with you of my day today, but right now that would comprise an image of Swindon train station in the rain.
And, no-one wants to see that.
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
Charter Brands has released its first new product since the launch of Langley's No 8 three years ago...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends