Blog: Glenmorangie, Hardys and Heineken – The Drinks of Sports Billies
Olly Wehring | 23 May 2014
It's been a sporting week for me, and one I don't think I'll forget about for a very, very long time.
First up, I was with Moet Hennessy UK on Tuesday evening for a drinks reception to celebrate Glenmorangie's sponsorship of The Open Championship. In its final year this year, Moet Hennessy is all set to extend the tie-up with the golfing major and brought along the claret jug to the reception to celebrate.
The following day provided a 'dear diary' moment for me: The once-in-a-lifetime opportunity (for almost all of us) to walk out to bat at Lord's cricket ground. Accolade Wine's sponsorship deal with the England Cricket Board for its Hardys brand includes a day of corporate cricket. Knowing my love of the game as they do, the company very kindly invited me along. A day bracketed by meals in the hallowed Long Room – dinner was black tie, of course – has left me thoroughly sated on the sport front.
But, there's more. I'm on my way to Wales this morning, in preparation for tomorrow's Heineken Cup Final in Cardiff. Ahead of that, Heineken UK are hosting a day's golf at Celtic Manor, home of the 2010 Ryder Cup.
I'd share a photo with you of my day today, but right now that would comprise an image of Swindon train station in the rain.
And, no-one wants to see that.
The long-running spat between US and Czech brewers stepped up a notch this week after the Czech president described American beer as “filthy water”....
I must be getting soft in my old age, but there are two drinks marketing campaigns that have recently launched, which have resonated particularly well with me. The one thing they have in common is tha...
I've stopped short of covering it as a product launch story on just-drinks, but take a look at this. Released this month in the UK, Snuffle Dog Beer is already available in 25 markets....
PepsiCo received high praise when it announced it was to launch its stevia-based Pepsi extension True exclusively on Amazon in the US....
Britvic is to launch a range of mixers for alcohol as it looks to expand diluting opportunities beyond water....
Sean 'Diddy' Combs, the US rapper and entrepreneur, has publicly turned against his apparent former favourite Tequlia brand, Patron, now that he is joint-owner of DeLeón Tequila....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014