Blog: Glenfiddich Makes My Dreams Come True
Olly Wehring | 22 July 2011
A quick Friday afternoon shout out to the folk at William Grant & Sons' UK sales and marketing division, First Drinks for their assistance in allowing me to die happy.
Thanks to William Grants' sponsorship of Mojo music magazine's annual awards, through its Glenfiddich single malt brand, First Drinks invited me to join them at table last night. Now, those of you that follow just-drinks on Twitter (and, if not, why not?) will have been pestered by my crowing last night throughout the evening.
What I didn't tweet was that I met one of my musical heroes at the event. And, if you like your music proper, then you may have heard of him too.
But, if that doesn't impress you, then how about this: There was a Beatle in the room!
Thanks to Chris Mason and Sonia Bastian at First Drinks, and Kirsty Chant at Touch PR.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Gallo's vineyard footprint in California - The map
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Heineken snaps up Stellenbrau craft brewery
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends