Blog: Glenfiddich Makes My Dreams Come True
Olly Wehring | 22 July 2011
A quick Friday afternoon shout out to the folk at William Grant & Sons' UK sales and marketing division, First Drinks for their assistance in allowing me to die happy.
Thanks to William Grants' sponsorship of Mojo music magazine's annual awards, through its Glenfiddich single malt brand, First Drinks invited me to join them at table last night. Now, those of you that follow just-drinks on Twitter (and, if not, why not?) will have been pestered by my crowing last night throughout the evening.
What I didn't tweet was that I met one of my musical heroes at the event. And, if you like your music proper, then you may have heard of him too.
But, if that doesn't impress you, then how about this: There was a Beatle in the room!
Thanks to Chris Mason and Sonia Bastian at First Drinks, and Kirsty Chant at Touch PR.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch