Blog: Glenfiddich Makes My Dreams Come True
Olly Wehring | 22 July 2011
A quick Friday afternoon shout out to the folk at William Grant & Sons' UK sales and marketing division, First Drinks for their assistance in allowing me to die happy.
Thanks to William Grants' sponsorship of Mojo music magazine's annual awards, through its Glenfiddich single malt brand, First Drinks invited me to join them at table last night. Now, those of you that follow just-drinks on Twitter (and, if not, why not?) will have been pestered by my crowing last night throughout the evening.
What I didn't tweet was that I met one of my musical heroes at the event. And, if you like your music proper, then you may have heard of him too.
But, if that doesn't impress you, then how about this: There was a Beatle in the room!
Thanks to Chris Mason and Sonia Bastian at First Drinks, and Kirsty Chant at Touch PR.
Heavy metal legend Bruce Dickinson - lead singer of the band Iron Maiden, for the unitiated - is clearly a man not afraid to get his hands dirty. ...
The homebrewing revival continues in the UK - and evidence has come that even the supermarket chains are taking it semi-seriously. ...
Does Pernod Ricard have something to hide? In a press conference after the release of full-year results today, only a quarter of the 100 minutes were given over to questions from journalists....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Carlsberg, Heineken, Coca-Cola Amatil, California's winelands and Cognac....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory