Blog: Girl power
Olly Wehring | 1 September 2006
Indra Nooyi, the chief executive-designate at PepsiCo, has received a welcome fillip as she prepares to take the top job at the soft drinks giant.
Forbes magazine has named Nooyi as one of the most powerful women in the world.
Nooyi, who will become Pepsi’s CEO on 1 October, was fourth in the list of the most powerful women on the planet.
The only women above her on the list were the Chinese vice-premier Wu Yi, US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice and at number one, German chancellor Angela Merkel.
And it seems that women have arrived on the wider corporate stage. A total of 48 women on Forbes’ list now run businesses either as chief executives or chairmen, up from 35 last year.
To support the release of its latest report, entitled ‘The Economic Impact of Scotch Whisky Production in the UK’, trade body The Scotch Whisky Association has released this video, highlighting the si...
The Coca-Cola Co is in the middle of a major restructuring plan, affecting jobs around the world. The company is also downsizing its packaging....
One, perhaps minor, consequence of the conflict in Ukraine appears to be a fall in sales of Russian vodka in the country....
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research