Blog: Girl power
Olly Wehring | 1 September 2006
Indra Nooyi, the chief executive-designate at PepsiCo, has received a welcome fillip as she prepares to take the top job at the soft drinks giant.
Forbes magazine has named Nooyi as one of the most powerful women in the world.
Nooyi, who will become Pepsi’s CEO on 1 October, was fourth in the list of the most powerful women on the planet.
The only women above her on the list were the Chinese vice-premier Wu Yi, US secretary of state Condoleezza Rice and at number one, German chancellor Angela Merkel.
And it seems that women have arrived on the wider corporate stage. A total of 48 women on Forbes’ list now run businesses either as chief executives or chairmen, up from 35 last year.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- AB InBev raises SAB cash offer by GBP1 per share
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends