Blog: Get this party started
Olly Wehring | 11 June 2009
Diageo has launched a J&B Scotch whisky-branded mirrorball into the skies, claiming it is the "first ever mirrorball into the stratosphere".
Diageo worked with the University of Cambridge Space Flight team to attach a mirrorball to a helium weather balloon, said Diageo in a release sent out today (11 June).
It's all part of J&B's 'Start a Party' promotion campaign.
"Launched from the English countryside, the mirrorball and helium balloon took four hours and twenty-seven minutes to travel up the jet stream, making it the world's highest mirrorball."
Which leaves us with one question. Why?
According to Diageo, "sending a mirrorball into the stratosphere for the first time shows the world and rest of the universe we know how to start a party anywhere, anytime".
If you say so.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World