Blog: Get this party started
Olly Wehring | 11 June 2009
Diageo has launched a J&B Scotch whisky-branded mirrorball into the skies, claiming it is the "first ever mirrorball into the stratosphere".
Diageo worked with the University of Cambridge Space Flight team to attach a mirrorball to a helium weather balloon, said Diageo in a release sent out today (11 June).
It's all part of J&B's 'Start a Party' promotion campaign.
"Launched from the English countryside, the mirrorball and helium balloon took four hours and twenty-seven minutes to travel up the jet stream, making it the world's highest mirrorball."
Which leaves us with one question. Why?
According to Diageo, "sending a mirrorball into the stratosphere for the first time shows the world and rest of the universe we know how to start a party anywhere, anytime".
If you say so.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- The European beer market - Focus
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Corporate Relations Director to leave Diageo
- Bacardi names new global communications head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Diageo, Nolets unveil latest Ketel One campaign