Blog: Get this party started
Olly Wehring | 11 June 2009
Diageo has launched a J&B Scotch whisky-branded mirrorball into the skies, claiming it is the "first ever mirrorball into the stratosphere".
Diageo worked with the University of Cambridge Space Flight team to attach a mirrorball to a helium weather balloon, said Diageo in a release sent out today (11 June).
It's all part of J&B's 'Start a Party' promotion campaign.
"Launched from the English countryside, the mirrorball and helium balloon took four hours and twenty-seven minutes to travel up the jet stream, making it the world's highest mirrorball."
Which leaves us with one question. Why?
According to Diageo, "sending a mirrorball into the stratosphere for the first time shows the world and rest of the universe we know how to start a party anywhere, anytime".
If you say so.
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends