Blog: George Clooney: Tequila or no Tequila?
James Wilmore | 16 January 2013
Celebrities and drinks brands. They're not always a happy marriage as Diageo and Pharrell Williams have illustrated this week.
But actor, and general Hollywood dude, George Clooney must be hoping for better luck with the launch this month of his own Tequila, Casamigos. And to boost interest in the drink, made from 100% Blue Weber agave, old George has come up with his own advert.
The question we're asking ourselves here at just-drinks is: had Mr Clooney been sampling his own product when he dreamt up the idea?
Judge for yourselves below...
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends