Blog: George Clooney: Tequila or no Tequila?
James Wilmore | 16 January 2013
Celebrities and drinks brands. They're not always a happy marriage as Diageo and Pharrell Williams have illustrated this week.
But actor, and general Hollywood dude, George Clooney must be hoping for better luck with the launch this month of his own Tequila, Casamigos. And to boost interest in the drink, made from 100% Blue Weber agave, old George has come up with his own advert.
The question we're asking ourselves here at just-drinks is: had Mr Clooney been sampling his own product when he dreamt up the idea?
Judge for yourselves below...
Follow me on Twitter @jamescwilmore
Whisk(e)y companies spend a lot of money and effort ageing their products for that premium taste....
PepsiCo created a stir last week with the news it is testing a product called Caleb's Kola, with some in the media claiming it was the beginning of a new “craft soda” category....
SABMiller's bid to widen the appeal of beer is very much in evidence at its latest 'House of Peroni' - with beer cocktails and a bigger bottle for the Italian lager brand on offer. ...
Here's a round-up of the big stories on just-drinks last week, featuring PepsiCo, SABMiller, the Scotch whisky category and the US wine market....
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Focus - Pernod Ricard's Q1 sales by brand
- Time for Heineken to make a European break
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Pernod Ricard sees sales lift in Q1