Blog: From the coal-face to Old Trafford
Chris Mercer | 19 October 2010
The 33 most famous miners in the world have been offered free executive tickets to watch Manchester United, courtesy of Vina Concha y Toro.
Free seats at United's Old Trafford stadium are now so scarce that you have to spend 69 days trapped underground just to get one.
Concha y Toro said yesterday that it has pulled a few sponsorship strings to wangle tickets to a match in 2011 for the 33 Chilean miners, who were freed from their ordeal last week - an ordeal you'll know all about, unless you too have spent the last three months in a subterranean wilderness.
"Given that so many of the 33 miners are soccer fans, the invitation to enjoy an international-level game at Old Trafford is one we believe they will particularly appreciate," said Concha y Toro's vice chairman, Rafael Guilisasti.
Among the 33 is ex-Chile international footballer Frankie Lobos.
Given the state of Manhester United's finances and the speculation about star player Wayne Rooney's impending exit, Lobos could find himself more than a spectator at the game next year.
We had some technical problems with the just-drinks site yesterday....
No self-respecting rapper is without some affiliation to a booze brand. Vodka is de rigueur, thanks to P Diddy and his tie-up with Diageo and Ciroc. ...
Is this the true breakfast of champions?...
We are well served in the drinks industry by quality advertising campaigns....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research