Blog: From the coal-face to Old Trafford
Chris Mercer | 19 October 2010
The 33 most famous miners in the world have been offered free executive tickets to watch Manchester United, courtesy of Vina Concha y Toro.
Free seats at United's Old Trafford stadium are now so scarce that you have to spend 69 days trapped underground just to get one.
Concha y Toro said yesterday that it has pulled a few sponsorship strings to wangle tickets to a match in 2011 for the 33 Chilean miners, who were freed from their ordeal last week - an ordeal you'll know all about, unless you too have spent the last three months in a subterranean wilderness.
"Given that so many of the 33 miners are soccer fans, the invitation to enjoy an international-level game at Old Trafford is one we believe they will particularly appreciate," said Concha y Toro's vice chairman, Rafael Guilisasti.
Among the 33 is ex-Chile international footballer Frankie Lobos.
Given the state of Manhester United's finances and the speculation about star player Wayne Rooney's impending exit, Lobos could find himself more than a spectator at the game next year.
Knowledge is power, or so they claim. So, with that in mind, here's an infographic, courtesy of Australian company Hangover Revivol, that breaks down exactly what is behind the common hangover....
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring William Grant & Sons, the Southern hemisphere's winemakers, SABMiller and Heineken, and Coke Light....
How many beer mugs can one man carry? ...
Here's a round-up of the top stories on just-drinks last week, featuring Pernod Ricard, The Coca-Cola Co, SABMiller's new Scotch whisky and Santa Rita Estates....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- SABMiller, Heineken silent on takeover offer talk