Blog: Fridges stay cool with fresh innovation
Andy Morton | 28 February 2013
There has been a spate of late in the world of fridge innovation.
Last week, ahead of its full-year results, SodaStream unveiled a US$3,899 Samsung refrigerator that dispenses the company's patented fizzy water from its front door. And on Wednesday (27 February) Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) released an interactive retail cooler that can tell customers what deals are in play, and features digital panels that act like a giant smartphone.
There's some wobbly footage of the CCA fridge in the Youtube clip below, which gives some idea of its capabilities. This one holds Beam Inc's Devils Cut & cola RTD, which is only available in Australia.
Diageo has jumped onboard Google's latest interactive maps and is opening up the virtual doors to four of its distilleries. ...
A very early start today, with Carla Errazuriz from Concha y Toro's fine wine division picking me up from our Santiago hotel at 0700....
Ever wondered how a whiskey still gets built? ...
After yesterday's introduction to Chile, today was all about Concha y Toro – that's to be expected, seeing as they invited me here....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets