Blog: Fridges stay cool with fresh innovation
Andy Morton | 28 February 2013
There has been a spate of late in the world of fridge innovation.
Last week, ahead of its full-year results, SodaStream unveiled a US$3,899 Samsung refrigerator that dispenses the company's patented fizzy water from its front door. And on Wednesday (27 February) Coca-Cola Amatil (CCA) released an interactive retail cooler that can tell customers what deals are in play, and features digital panels that act like a giant smartphone.
There's some wobbly footage of the CCA fridge in the Youtube clip below, which gives some idea of its capabilities. This one holds Beam Inc's Devils Cut & cola RTD, which is only available in Australia.
Want to know how to make it to the top of the beverage business? According to Muhtar Kent, it's all about the networking....
A red sticker to a shopper is like a red rag to a bull. And as the masses charge at the deals, UK off licences and supermarkets are finding new and novel ways to entice the herd. ...
To celebrate its 250th anniversary, Cognac brand Hennessy is trumpeting a virtual time capsule, making a parallel between it and a barrel of Cognac....
Rarely do sponsorship deals pay off so quickly. ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Analysis - Cider's Campaign Gains
- Comment - What on Earth is a Liqueur?
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Pernod Ricard appoints Absolut Vodka VP
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Beam Suntory to re-package Courvoisier Cognac
- TWE, Pernod hail China-Aus FTA
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beer, 2014 and the future