Blog: France vs England - now big in Japan
Andy Morton | 28 June 2012
Just the other week they battled to a 1-1 draw in the football, but it seems France and England are continuing their centuries-long grudge match on the soda shelves of Japan.
Our exclusive picture, snapped in a Japanese convenience store this week, shows Schweppes and Orangina fighting it out shoulder to shoulder just one week after the 97th anniversary of the battle of Waterloo.
It's one for the ages, this. After all, what's more English than good-old Schweppes, now owned by US-based Dr Pepper Snapple Group. Or as French as Orangina, where the concept for the drink originated, but now owned in Japan by Suntory and in North America by, er... Dr Pepper Snapple Group.
It seems in this incarnation of the Anglo-Gallic feud, it's the Americans (and the Japanese) that win.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research