Blog: France drops to British standards
Olly Wehring | 10 January 2007
Into London town today (10 January), for a chat with the folk from the Vinexpo wine exhibition. The event, to be held in Bordeaux this June, is a sell-out with exhibitors and the organisers having high hopes for an impressive turn-out from the likes of you and me.
Rest assured, just-drinks will be there to give you the inside track.
Quote of the day came from Vinexpo’s president, Jean-Marie Chadronnier. When asked for his opinion on global wine consumption, in particular that of his home nation, the Frenchman said: “Wine consumption in France over the last few years has fallen to a similar level - and changed to a similar style - to the UK. A lot of people who have contributed to the high levels of the past have since died.”
As titters started to spread across the room, he expanded: “That’s because of old age, I assure you. Not from drinking too much wine.”
So, not exactly the same style as the UK, then?
I'd imagine the term "hippie" is rarely used in a positive way in business circles. ...
Peter Hardee claims he drinks Henry Westons Vintage Cider because it's just like himself - “nice and mature”....
It has been about two years since Heineken sponsored the 23rd James Bond movie, Skyfall. Remember when the brewer scored a huge marketing coup by arranging a scene in which the British super spy takes...
Part of a sainted tradition or a waste of a perfectly good whisky? That was the question some may have been asking when Queen Elizabeth II launched the Royal Navy's newest vessel in Scotland today (4 ...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK