Blog: France drops to British standards
Olly Wehring | 10 January 2007
Into London town today (10 January), for a chat with the folk from the Vinexpo wine exhibition. The event, to be held in Bordeaux this June, is a sell-out with exhibitors and the organisers having high hopes for an impressive turn-out from the likes of you and me.
Rest assured, just-drinks will be there to give you the inside track.
Quote of the day came from Vinexpo’s president, Jean-Marie Chadronnier. When asked for his opinion on global wine consumption, in particular that of his home nation, the Frenchman said: “Wine consumption in France over the last few years has fallen to a similar level - and changed to a similar style - to the UK. A lot of people who have contributed to the high levels of the past have since died.”
As titters started to spread across the room, he expanded: “That’s because of old age, I assure you. Not from drinking too much wine.”
So, not exactly the same style as the UK, then?
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
Move over iPhone 7 headphones-gate, there is a new Apple product causing a stir. Or a shake. Or just a shot....
I was full of questions yesterday when reading our news story about Bacardi's Martini Smart Cube. An ice cube-shaped device that can provide real-time information about its consumer? How? What? Why? H...
News reaches us today of what has been heralded as the "world's most daring whisky challenge". The Ultimate Ardbeg ARDventurer has been launched this week with an inaugural three-day camping trip....
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- Johnnie Walker's Bourbon bent "coincidental"
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo's Johnnie Walker set for festive push in TR
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends