Blog: Four more beers!
James Wilmore | 17 August 2012
Beer, it appears, is playing a leading role in this year's US presidential election campaign.
Barack Obama was recently caught on camera (see video below) at the 'Bud Tent', during the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines. Ever the cool customer, Obama was not caught out by one wag asking him to buy a round. It then prompted calls of "four more beers!" But the good old president put his hand in his pocket.
Meanwhile, presidential VP candidate, Paul Ryan, seems to be more a Miller man, after it was reported he told a crowd in Milwaukee suburb, Waukesha: "My veins run with cheese, bratwurst, and a little Spotted Cow, Leine's, and some Miller."
Does that mean Mitt Romney is a craft beer drinker?
Here in London, the second Wine Week has kicked off to coincide with UK wine trade event London Wine Fair. ...
Commuting in London is a drag. It’s overcrowded, sweaty and rarely goes to plan. In fact, it’s enough to turn a person to drink....
When it comes to market speculation, a company holds the prerogative to comment or not. Most times it is the latter, but we journalists are always grateful for any quote that we can get....
Carlsberg's Russian unit may be grinding down the gears, but its UK marketing team is proving to be no slouches. ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- The Beer Engine that is Africa
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review