Blog: Foster's Group has analysts in a froth
Chris Mercer | 8 June 2011
Who could acquire Foster's Group's Australian beer business? Pretty much anybody.
Last week, I wrote slightly tongue-in-cheek about the circus show surrounding Foster's Group's Carlton & United Breweries business. After Molson Coors and Grupo Modelo were outed as potential suitors, I asked who would join the race the week after.
Well, now I have an answer. And the next suitor is... ... Surprise, it's everybody!
"If the transaction were funded 50% equity and 50% debt, Foster's would be affordable for all brewers," wrote Goldman Sachs this week. To be fair, it did add that only the top four brewers would probably be able to afford Foster's in an acquistion using only debt. Still, it hardly narrows the field, does it?
How the investment bankers must be loving this Foster's foam party.
That said, here I am writing about it, again. And, if you've got this far, here you are reading about it, again.
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
Heineken is known for its flashy adverts. Now the brewer has given the star treatment to a new recruitment drive with a glamorous and highly-persuasive ad that, quite frankly, had the staff here at...
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- The Future of Cocktails - Consumer Trends
- Will Brexit make a winner out of Travel Retail?
- Coke Life - Coca-Cola's niche soda - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- US hits AB InBev with US$6bn fine over India sales
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends