Blog: Foster's Group has analysts in a froth
Chris Mercer | 8 June 2011
Who could acquire Foster's Group's Australian beer business? Pretty much anybody.
Last week, I wrote slightly tongue-in-cheek about the circus show surrounding Foster's Group's Carlton & United Breweries business. After Molson Coors and Grupo Modelo were outed as potential suitors, I asked who would join the race the week after.
Well, now I have an answer. And the next suitor is... ... Surprise, it's everybody!
"If the transaction were funded 50% equity and 50% debt, Foster's would be affordable for all brewers," wrote Goldman Sachs this week. To be fair, it did add that only the top four brewers would probably be able to afford Foster's in an acquistion using only debt. Still, it hardly narrows the field, does it?
How the investment bankers must be loving this Foster's foam party.
That said, here I am writing about it, again. And, if you've got this far, here you are reading about it, again.
For those people looking to the Red Planet as shining utopia away from all things earth, look away now....
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World