Blog: Foster's Group has analysts in a froth
Chris Mercer | 8 June 2011
Who could acquire Foster's Group's Australian beer business? Pretty much anybody.
Last week, I wrote slightly tongue-in-cheek about the circus show surrounding Foster's Group's Carlton & United Breweries business. After Molson Coors and Grupo Modelo were outed as potential suitors, I asked who would join the race the week after.
Well, now I have an answer. And the next suitor is... ... Surprise, it's everybody!
"If the transaction were funded 50% equity and 50% debt, Foster's would be affordable for all brewers," wrote Goldman Sachs this week. To be fair, it did add that only the top four brewers would probably be able to afford Foster's in an acquistion using only debt. Still, it hardly narrows the field, does it?
How the investment bankers must be loving this Foster's foam party.
That said, here I am writing about it, again. And, if you've got this far, here you are reading about it, again.
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- TWE renames Blossom Hill fruit wine range