Blog: Foster's - Brimming with Ashes confidence?
Olly Wehring | 24 November 2010
One of the biggest rivalries in world sport kicks back in this evening. Tonight, at about midnight, we can expect the first ball (please let it not be as ominous a ball as four years ago) of the Ashes cricket series, between England and Australia.
Whilst here in England, cricket fans are trying desperately hard to keep their expectations in check, in Australia, the widely-held belief is that the home team are by far and away the underdogs this time around.
I'm not entirely sure, then, if Foster's Group's brewing unit in the country, Carlton & United Breweries, is preying on this fear or playing the bullish Australian.
The beer firm is offering a free beer for every adult in the country if the Australian cricket team wins the best-of-five-match series. Vouchers will run in Australian newspapers should the home team prove victorious.
England has not won a series in Australia for 24 years.
Could it happen? According to this report, a section of the beer community wants to ditch the word craft. They prefer instead the term “Indie” for brewers they believe follow the enlightened path of t...
The global elite were in Switzerland last week for the World Economic Forum in Davos, the annual corporate huddle for the rich and powerful. The CEO of The Coca-Cola Co, Muhtar Kent, was there too, de...
With The Coca-Cola Co stealing yesterday's limelight with its new united marketing strategy for brand Coke yesterday, a Forbes interview with PepsiCo North America Beverages' new CMO, Seth Kaufman, sl...
It is a bold attempt to regain a measure of control in the ever-spiraling debate about sugar. But will The Coca-Cola Co's new marketing strategy - which for the first time ties all of the Coke family ...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research