Blog: Foster's - Brimming with Ashes confidence?
Olly Wehring | 24 November 2010
One of the biggest rivalries in world sport kicks back in this evening. Tonight, at about midnight, we can expect the first ball (please let it not be as ominous a ball as four years ago) of the Ashes cricket series, between England and Australia.
Whilst here in England, cricket fans are trying desperately hard to keep their expectations in check, in Australia, the widely-held belief is that the home team are by far and away the underdogs this time around.
I'm not entirely sure, then, if Foster's Group's brewing unit in the country, Carlton & United Breweries, is preying on this fear or playing the bullish Australian.
The beer firm is offering a free beer for every adult in the country if the Australian cricket team wins the best-of-five-match series. Vouchers will run in Australian newspapers should the home team prove victorious.
England has not won a series in Australia for 24 years.
Last year was tough for The Coca-Cola Co. So staff in Atlanta won't be pleased to read that Pepsi has overtaken Diet Coke as the no. 2 soda brand in the US. ...
A bit of football fun for a Friday. Anheuser-Busch InBev has released the ad that will accompany its new Budweiser 'Dream Goal' campaign, that seeks to find the UK's best amateur goal. ...
No sooner had Anheuser-Busch InBev taken a gentle pop at the craft beer segment during February's Super Bowl, than the world's largest brewer has challenged the sub-category's target market in New Yor...
A few wry grins will have been raised in the offices of Dr Pepper Snapple Group today. ...
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Brewers v Distillers in Nutrition Control Battle
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly