Blog: Foster's - Brimming with Ashes confidence?
Olly Wehring | 24 November 2010
One of the biggest rivalries in world sport kicks back in this evening. Tonight, at about midnight, we can expect the first ball (please let it not be as ominous a ball as four years ago) of the Ashes cricket series, between England and Australia.
Whilst here in England, cricket fans are trying desperately hard to keep their expectations in check, in Australia, the widely-held belief is that the home team are by far and away the underdogs this time around.
I'm not entirely sure, then, if Foster's Group's brewing unit in the country, Carlton & United Breweries, is preying on this fear or playing the bullish Australian.
The beer firm is offering a free beer for every adult in the country if the Australian cricket team wins the best-of-five-match series. Vouchers will run in Australian newspapers should the home team prove victorious.
England has not won a series in Australia for 24 years.
Would the thought of working in a morgue stop you from drink driving? ...
You would be forgiven for thinking that the US cider boom is over. Sales growth of as much as 90% in the past few years has shrunk to double figures. ...
The drinks industry could do more to benefit from new technology. ...
The soft drinks world is abuzz today over what an executive shake-up at PepsiCo might mean to on-going speculation over CEO Indra Nooyi's successor....
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?