Blog: For those about to wince, we salute you.
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 February 2005
A woman in Texas has been indicted on negligent homicide charges for allegedly giving her husband a sherry enema that killed him.
Michael Warner, 58, died last May after the enema, allegedly administered by his wife, Tammy, caused his blood-alcohol level to rise to .47%.
Detective Lt. Robert Turner said Michael Warner was an alcoholic who could not swallow liquor because of ulcers and heartburn.
“He was told that he could not drink alcohol or that he would die, according to the people that we interviewed,” Turner said. “We are going to prove that she gave him the sherry and that she knew that he wasn’t supposed to have any and that it could be detrimental to his health, and that she gave it to him anyway.”
Can you think of a worse way to go? Answers to the usual address, please, and mark your envelopes ‘Enema.’
Bacardi's 42 Below vodka brand has found a novel way to use the lemons left over from cocktail-making: Turn them into liquid soap....
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Coca-Cola Amatil FY 2016 - results data
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends