Blog: For those about to wince, we salute you.
Chris Brook-Carter | 4 February 2005
A woman in Texas has been indicted on negligent homicide charges for allegedly giving her husband a sherry enema that killed him.
Michael Warner, 58, died last May after the enema, allegedly administered by his wife, Tammy, caused his blood-alcohol level to rise to .47%.
Detective Lt. Robert Turner said Michael Warner was an alcoholic who could not swallow liquor because of ulcers and heartburn.
“He was told that he could not drink alcohol or that he would die, according to the people that we interviewed,” Turner said. “We are going to prove that she gave him the sherry and that she knew that he wasn’t supposed to have any and that it could be detrimental to his health, and that she gave it to him anyway.”
Can you think of a worse way to go? Answers to the usual address, please, and mark your envelopes ‘Enema.’
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD results - Preview
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends