Blog: Flood damage
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 March 2004
Further unfortunate press for Coke this weekend concerning its Dasani brand. As coverage of the fact the brand is filtered mains water from the London suburb of Sidcup began to die down, one of those mains sprang a leak.
The fractured mains caused about 100 families to be evacuated as up to 4ft of water flooded their homes.
As cars began to disappear underwater in the three streets affected, resident Tony Joseph, 32, ruefully told a national newspaper: "It seems that Sidcup can't escape from water - if it's not being taken from the tap, bottled and sold on, it's invading our homes."
However, the Coca-Cola plant itself was unaffected as it gets its water from the reservoir at nearby Eltham through a different main.
"The plant was able to continue filtering, bottling and selling Thames Water's finest at 95p a half litre," the newspaper said.
Today is SABMiller's final day. Some time this evening, Brussel's time, the second-biggest brewer in the world will be subsumed into the biggest, creating a beer behemoth of unprecedented proportions....
No, this is not PepsiCo's new ad slogan for its Mountain Dew brand....
Major wine players flocked to China ready for online giant Alibaba's 9.9 Global Wine and Spirits Festival, which took place on 9 September....
In May, Heineken's CEO, Jean-François van Boxmeer, called Vietnam the "poster child" for international beer thanks to strong demographics and growing demand....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020