Blog: Flood damage
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 March 2004
Further unfortunate press for Coke this weekend concerning its Dasani brand. As coverage of the fact the brand is filtered mains water from the London suburb of Sidcup began to die down, one of those mains sprang a leak.
The fractured mains caused about 100 families to be evacuated as up to 4ft of water flooded their homes.
As cars began to disappear underwater in the three streets affected, resident Tony Joseph, 32, ruefully told a national newspaper: "It seems that Sidcup can't escape from water - if it's not being taken from the tap, bottled and sold on, it's invading our homes."
However, the Coca-Cola plant itself was unaffected as it gets its water from the reservoir at nearby Eltham through a different main.
"The plant was able to continue filtering, bottling and selling Thames Water's finest at 95p a half litre," the newspaper said.
A couple of months ago, US-based Saltwater Brewery developed 'edible six-pack rings' in an effort to curb threats to wildlife....
Last month, SPI Group unveiled its latest advert for Stolichnaya in the US. Its an amusing little number that caries the instruction: Drink what you want. The “I am man” ad looks to distance Millennia...
Who do you work for? I ask, merely to draw your attention to just-drinks’ company pages....
This weekend sees yet another “International Day” for a drinks category. Lucky us. Anyway, ahead of Sunday’s International Cachaça Day, here’s a wealth of information on Brazil’s national spirit, cour...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends