Blog: Flood damage
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 March 2004
Further unfortunate press for Coke this weekend concerning its Dasani brand. As coverage of the fact the brand is filtered mains water from the London suburb of Sidcup began to die down, one of those mains sprang a leak.
The fractured mains caused about 100 families to be evacuated as up to 4ft of water flooded their homes.
As cars began to disappear underwater in the three streets affected, resident Tony Joseph, 32, ruefully told a national newspaper: "It seems that Sidcup can't escape from water - if it's not being taken from the tap, bottled and sold on, it's invading our homes."
However, the Coca-Cola plant itself was unaffected as it gets its water from the reservoir at nearby Eltham through a different main.
"The plant was able to continue filtering, bottling and selling Thames Water's finest at 95p a half litre," the newspaper said.
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Whenever we read anything about Millennial consumers, there is almost always mention of the personalisation trend as well as the importance of social media....
Ever wondered what fuels Anheuser-Busch InBev's acquisitional drive? Is it naked ambition? Faith? The good of mankind?...
Anheuser-Busch InBev is reportedly calling a halt to its Seth Rogan and Amy Schumer Bud Light campaign in the US....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Brown-Forman's H1 performance by region, brand
- Coca-Cola CEO Muhtar Kent set to stand down
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Brown-Forman's barrel sales take Scotch hit
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Angostura places CEO on administrative leave
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends