Blog: Flood damage
Chris Brook-Carter | 15 March 2004
Further unfortunate press for Coke this weekend concerning its Dasani brand. As coverage of the fact the brand is filtered mains water from the London suburb of Sidcup began to die down, one of those mains sprang a leak.
The fractured mains caused about 100 families to be evacuated as up to 4ft of water flooded their homes.
As cars began to disappear underwater in the three streets affected, resident Tony Joseph, 32, ruefully told a national newspaper: "It seems that Sidcup can't escape from water - if it's not being taken from the tap, bottled and sold on, it's invading our homes."
However, the Coca-Cola plant itself was unaffected as it gets its water from the reservoir at nearby Eltham through a different main.
"The plant was able to continue filtering, bottling and selling Thames Water's finest at 95p a half litre," the newspaper said.
Philadelphia’s soda tax came into force on Sunday, and is reportedly causing a stir in the city's check-out aisles....
Earlier this month, I was most-kindly invited by Accolade Wines to visit the Royal Albert Hall in London. The reason? They wanted to see a tennis great in action, and then give them a guided tour thro...
Do you like whisk(e)y? And, I mean, really like whisk(e)y? Are you at a loose end in the first half of 2017? If so, then I've found just the job for you....
Most of the time, changes at the top of a company present themselves in press releases, stock exchange filings or responses from a spokesperson....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends